• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Early response to equilibrant

thanks for your efforts hip, I'm not sure if you saw this.... FROM: Linda Tannenbaum CEO/President linda@omf.ngo ME/CFS COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH CENTER AT STANFORD OMF is continuing to fund the ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center at Stanford. These are the projects currently underway: • T...
  2. B

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3360444/
  3. B

Yes this is it exactly. but what can I do?
  4. B

When I get this swallowing issue, it's usually with POTS, and your anti-anxiety formula did help a lot. I have an appt with CHIA next week, and I ask him. I really admire you, your knowledge base and ability to help people. You are the best source I have found, any other suggestions for CFS dr's...
  5. B

feels like Post nasal drip...then my throats seems not to swallow very well.. leads to anxiety. I've had CFS for years but never had this issue before
  6. B

Went to ENT, took sinus CT scan, they said nothing was wrong. Any suggestions, Thanks Hip
  7. B

olive leaf, sophora and astragalus for the throat issue? your thoughts?
  8. B

I had a CFS flare up in march and april, that's when the throat issue was at its worst, then when the CFS subsided in early may, the throat issues also subsided. Now the last few days I have the throat issue and no visible signs of CFS, other thanks cold hands and feet.
  9. B

thanks hip, when the CFS comes back, I get a swallowing issue and dry cough, with some anxiety, right now I'm using NAG, turmeric, flax oil, potassium citrate, and thorn multivitamin. The swallowing issue, makes me feel like I can't breath...then stress.
  10. B

When I took oxymatrine, I got very unbeale headaches, I had to stop, any suggestions
  11. B

Seeing Dr John Chia on Friday, What Questions Should I Ask?

here is updated news on CFS from ... nature.com https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-017-08965-0
  12. B

what are the dr's names?
  13. B

To Wonkmonk, thanks for Dr Lerner's doc, it's a little old at 2011, do you know of any updated finding by other Doctors?
  14. B

Thanks very much for this info, have you come across a good list of CFS doctors in the LA area?
  15. B

Is this what you had in mind? https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/04/170426092351.htm
  16. B

Thanks Wonkmonk, can you be more specific about what type of testing? Regards
  17. B

thanks for your input, I thought this CFS event in California might interest anyone.. https://www.omf.ngo/ Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Research Center at Stanford University Second Annual Community Symposium on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS Sponsored by Open Medicine Foundation
  18. B

Echo Virus 7 is here...
  19. B

Hip, here are the actual results...
  20. B

thanks Hip, my test results are listed below: do you consider these high? What additional blood work would be helpful? C. PNEUMONIAE IGG 1:64 HERPESVIRUS 6 IGG 1:40 ECHOVIRUS 7: 1:80 COXSACKIE B3 & B5: 1:80 IMMUNOGLOBULIN G SUBCLASS 2 2:04 241-700
  21. B

Thanks Hip, First off, you are the best source I have ever encountered, I appreciate your knowledge, insight and effort to help yourself and others, you are a true gentleman, and have a friend in LA. I Had Mono at 17, now I’m 55. For years, I've had typical low-level CFS internment symptoms...
  22. B

I just saw Chia Few weeks ago got tested for the following: these were all considered in the range of infections C. PNEUMONIAE IGG 1:64 HERPESVIRUS 6 IGG 1:40 ECHOVIRUS 7: 1:80 COXSACKIE B3 & B5: 1:80 IMMUNOGLOBULIN G SUBCLASS 2 2:04 241-700 1:80
  23. B

Studies find HHV-7 active in ME, yet ME Drs often don't test for it & Valcyte doesn't work for HHV-7

Hip, You are the best, thanks So much for all of your research, insight and objectivity. Recently my CFS flared up due throat infection and flu-like symptoms. it seems everyone in LA is getting this flu. Now I have a dry cough, and my throat feels like it closing, then I get some anxiety. I...