• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Lancer Editorial - Peter North & Trudie Chancre CFS Treatment Without A Clue

wholly smokes! They had that coming! I think you would make a fine peer reviewer. :Retro eek: Better laughing about it then getting too upset! That rat is getting some serious graded excercise therapy!
  2. M

Extreme cases only in U.K.?

I was bedbound 24-7 before for months. That is miserable. I couldn't even make a post here. I just have remind myself it could be worse and recognize those who are worse off than I am. Maybe the water, food, and drugs make it worse in the United States and UK? I know we have flouride in the...
  3. M

Lancet Editorial - Peter White & Trudie Chalder CFS: treatment without a cause

The electromagnetic fields from computers, telephones, and other devices make me sicker. I'm mostly housebound, so not much else to do. Better off getting the kids sunshine, fresh air, and yoga than sitting in front of CBT video games. Could also give cooking and nutritional classes. That...
  4. M

PACE Trial and PACE Trial Protocol

Shoot! I was hoping they would be passing out tin foil hats! thanks for the update. :O)
  5. M

bad attempt at humor I guess.
  6. M

Somebody commented one time on an article that majic pajamas can help with ME. They seem to help with sleep also. I've tried every other type of pajama out there. Might be worth a shot! :smiley-hug:
  7. M

The Telegraph: "Benefits cheat who couldn't walk caught hiking with dogs"

OK. Read the first paragraph of the article. this is probably more propaganda. Make doctors and people wonder if we are faking it. Subtle isn't it? They select a lady who was complaining of fatigue or lack of mobility, and then how she was out walking her dog sometime later. Isn't that the...
  8. M

The Telegraph: "Benefits cheat who couldn't walk caught hiking with dogs"

Its possible the lady is disabled. Hard to say without a test for physical and cognitive aspects. I used to run with ME. I had chest pain, couldn't see straight, and my brain was numb, but I could do it. The hardest part for me is THe mental stuff. Everytime I post here, I have to log in...
  9. M

Comment by 'markmc20001' in 'Radiation free tunnels in Bosnian Pyramids for health?'

Ok. Somebody catches a beam coming off a Mayan pyramid during a lightening storm. I haven't made up my mind yet, but the case is getting pretty strong for the pyramids having some kind of energy function. Maybe the pyramids do have a power related function.....
  10. M

Advocacy Brainstorming: The Thread on Threads

Hi Neilk, I think I mis-interpreted your post and got off on a tangent. I'm going to make an effort to be more careful about my posts. sorry folks.
  11. M

Crowd sourced advocacy concept

Glad you like it. It will take some good leadership to make it work smoothly, but hopefully it could be managed part time. I can't put too much effort in to this other than just conceptual ideas, and would be happy if a terrestrial leader took it over. You have a good point about...
  12. M

could b12 improve stomach motility?

hi everybody. If you stopped your protocol would all these symptoms come back you think? I have stomach issues now and wonder if I will be stuck with them if I can't get my infections under control and keep them under control. The stomach dysfunction is a bummer. Thanks Mark
  13. M

Crowd sourced advocacy concept

Dolphin Suggested I create a separate thread from what I posted in another advocacy thread. The intent is to provide an alternative to traditional sources of medical industrial complex funding for those sincerely trying to improve treatments and diagnostics...
  14. M

PACE Trial and PACE Trial Protocol

This must be the most catchy title I've seen for a conference. They going to "educate" everybody on the proper way to interpret the conspiracies I suppose? :Retro biggrin: I got a AE911Truth.org (examine the evidence) bumper sticker and would like to park right in front of the conference...
  15. M

Why are not more ME and CFS patients involved in advocacy?

I can say it took me 25 years, who knows who many doctors, and loosing everything before I figured out I had it. And I grew up with a good supply of doctors one would hope. So it is not easy. I wouldn't be suprised at all if only one in 10 got a diagnosis. One really needs money and...
  16. M

My idea was different in a sense the money actually goes to researchers who will produce tangible results. I'm not optomistic their fund has the same goals. Just going on their track record, How many years they been around? My impression is the CFIDS association has taken in large sums of...
  17. M

Ok I got a concept. Lets say we created a non-profit organization to raise money. Lets call it Patient Response Organization. " PRO's". So "PRO's" creates a presence on the web where people can learn about, and donate to certain causes that have been screened by PRO's as being legit and...
  18. M

The challenge is finding the researchers with relevant research(most bang for the buck now) and getting them resources without interfering with them or causing them disruption. That is the way I see it. Objective: Raising money for timely and useful research efforts that have low risk and high...
  19. M

Forgot to mention doctors using methylation, heavy metal chelation, alternative diets, You know all the treatments patients discuss on the forum here that is not accepted or recognized as treatment by our governments, insurance companies etc..
  20. M

That would be a nightmare for every CFS doctor, Lyme doctor, autism doctor, naturopath, and other alternative healer currently in business. You know the ones that are in such demand and that are actually helping people. The medical industrial complex is always going to manipulate the concensus...
  21. M

Sounds like a slippery slope. This seems like one of those laws "sold" to the public as being beneficial at first. However, after the lobbyists get done with the wording it ends up being a way to disapline CFS doctors. Kind of Like.... That doctor is not following the proven vaccination...
  22. M

60-Minutes Segment on Anti-Depressants Efficacy vs. Placebo

There is a specialized questionaire called "battery for health improvement" (or something to that affect) I took with a psyhcologist who is a master of CBT. Almost all the questions they ask on the questionaire for depression fit ME/CFS experiences exactly. They ask stuff like: 1) Do you...
  23. M

Homeopathy for Lyme / Autoimmune - C128 LD Nosodes Formula

Glad you got a good laugh! Wasn't sure if it was going to be another "foot in mouth" moment or not. I just ordered some Byron White formulas "A bart", and "A-bab". Those are supposed to be for lyme. Will see what happens. I spoke with somebody who is seeing a popular lyme doctor in the bay...
  24. M

Heya Alex. Off the top of my head, it seems to me efforts should be focused on three areas mostly. 1) Developing good objective testing for cognitive dysfunction. Cognitive dysfunction is extremely disabling and has no widely accepted test. Maybe there are people working on this already, If...
  25. M

Source of hydroxocobalamin with nothing else added?

Anybody know where to get hydroxy shots these days? Seems like every pharmacy around could not get it last time I checked. thanks, Mark
  26. M

Genetic specific cancer therapy at Duke a fraud?

A 14 minute clip from 60 minutes. Claims Dr Potti of Duke University fudged a bunch of genetic specific cancer therapy research while at Duke University. The video gives no specifics as to what the fraud the was exactly, just a bunch of mud slinging if you ask me...
  27. M

Kinesiophobia, catastrophizing and anticipated symptoms before stair climbing

You probably know this already, but the intent is most likely to save insurance companies and governments money by propagandizing doctors. :sad: The putting manufacturers out of business is probably not the original intent.
  28. M

Comment by 'markmc20001' in 'Radiation free tunnels in Bosnian Pyramids for health?'

One more to watch: impossible with copper or bronze tools..... Ancient Aliens Season 3 Episode 6
  29. M

New Lyme disease culture test now available!

Heya Melster, Sorry I don't always come back to follow my posts. Haven't mastered that yet. Anybody tried this lyme test yet?
  30. M

OK. I've also looked in to extraterrestrials and UFO's since much of the way ancients are being explained is by "UFO's" as you call it. There is one heiroglyph that shows 10 planets, the sun and the moon. That doensn't jive with the history books. The story goes now that pluto was not found...