• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. 1gooddog

Methylation Question

Sorry,. I do not recall. But I will do some research when I am stronger. I learned food combinations necessary for nutrient absorption. I learned that children who drink only milk are likely to be iron deficient as the milk inhibits iron absorption. Better to drink juice. She was a fount of...
  2. 1gooddog

Methylation Question

Regarding B metabolizion: I had problems with sores on my tongue at the tender age of 30. At that time ca. 1980, Adele Davis’ nutrition books were very popular. Per my vitamin research she said Vit B would cure mouth sores. Within 24 hrs they miraculously healed. I still follow her advice...
  3. 1gooddog

SEID vs CFS vs ME

Glad you have found a work around. We do have grab bars picked up very cheap at thrift stores. Also have a solid wood door and nobody but the two of us in the house. I need the hot water and a soak, I can't do cold at all. Could you hang a curtain over the glass on the door? I get the post...
  4. 1gooddog

ME/CFS and the Change of Seasons: How Does This Affect You?

Humidity is a crippler. Hot or cold. I keep a heater in the bathroom. Really hate cold bathrooms. As soon as my bath is filled, the heater goes off.
  5. 1gooddog

SEID vs CFS vs ME

So true. And like I have said, manage and don't worry. My Gone With The Wind mantra. Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. But that doesn't mean I like it. I just don't care.
  6. 1gooddog

SEID vs CFS vs ME

P.S. I don't see how people manage to shower. All that standing, bending, straightening. I bathe. I soak and rest to warm my muscles and ponder the day. I have safety grab bars. Just sayin' Think about it
  7. 1gooddog

I cannot tolerate being cold. I have decided it is because my body tenses as I huddle into myself. So, that being said, I love winter because I can stay indoors. I live in the Pacific NW so unles I visit the mountains, it does not get cold enough to kill the bugs. But it is also damp. A...
  8. 1gooddog

Why Is Music So Hard for People With ME/CFS?

Basically, so have i. Except for occasionally Jeopardy. I do watch Amazon Prime for company. But i am picky. Have watched the Durrells in Corfu series 3 times now. Also, I neglected to mention that when the ringing and whooshing in my ears requires deadening, I need other noise.
  9. 1gooddog

Why Is Music So Hard for People With ME/CFS?

For me,there there are times I need quiet. It also strongly deepends on the music. I cannot tolerate frantic noise. I cannot tolerate loud commercials on tv. Why are they yelling at me. Commercials easy to mute. I can feel drums. My ears rebel to many sounds. The pitch and frantic whinig...
  10. 1gooddog

I have noticed winter is wonderful. I can relax, be cozy and seldom leave the house. I knit. On the Olympic Peninsula sulfa we seldom see the sun during winter. However, when living in Iowa and Nebraska there was sun year around. When possible I was outdoors. Even then, I tested deficient...
  11. 1gooddog

SEID vs CFS vs ME

So when one meets the criteria for both - how are they labeled? It needs an all encompassing description, two or combination thereof. Will they come up with a medical code for both??? Systemic is all encompassing.
  12. 1gooddog

SEID vs CFS vs ME

I prefer SEID over the others. Problem is some people are just hearing about CFS in the US. Have never heard of ME. And now we have to try to make them aware of a more applicable designation. Good luck with that. And I love the psychobabblers. I have used that frequently myself. I feel...
  13. 1gooddog

Chest wall pain and fatigue

I tried all manner of relief. Passing out from pain, not helpful. Hours of rest with heat, don't touch me, aspirin, Tylenol, you name it. IV Valium and lidocaine cocktail worked. Except for the last major episode. Several massive drug interventions only temporary. Don't know the source or...
  14. 1gooddog

I have a lengthy history with no explanation. Recently everything is adding up. I posted my history. I forgot to mention I could only shallow breathe and try not to move at all.
  15. 1gooddog

I am just researching this on site. I had a minor recurrence early this a.m. I had forgotten all about it and only associated it in early years with the MS hug. I posted a lengthy post of my history. It actually dates further than I recalled. I was physically active, a swimmer, lived on a...
  16. 1gooddog

I just started a thread listing my experiences and long history with this pain. I fear it is returning with my recent severe crash. I would lose consciousness from the pain. I cannot go through that again and I am scared.
  17. 1gooddog

The link between the first polio vaccine in 1934 and the first observed ME outbreak

Re contamination - No they didn't know and in some cases are still just as ill-equipped. They had to start somewhere and sadly, innocent victims suffered for all our sakes. It wasn't right to consider humans as indispensable, but it is over with. In the past and we have too much to worry about...
  18. 1gooddog

The link between the first polio vaccine in 1934 and the first observed ME outbreak

VERY interesting. I feel like I should present this to my HMO PCP
  19. 1gooddog

"I am wary about "evidence" against vaccines. The real problems with them are muddied by polemic and the autism community feel the same way about vaccines "causing" autism as we do about BPS theories. " Think what you may about vaccines, Ii am pro-vaccine, but - there have been bad batches...
  20. 1gooddog

"My mother had a medical book from about then that she always consulted, much to our amusement. One part speculated that boys came from eggs from one overy while girls came from the other." Now I know where that advice to potential parents came from. When I first married in 1971, I heard this...