• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. No Poster Girl

Chase Community Giving Contest for Small Non-profits-Nov 8 to 22-$3M in Prize Money

Just wanted to chime in here on this factor. I went hard on both the last Chase contest and the Vivint contest, and rounded up a sizable number of votes in each one by contacting all of my facebook friends personally. I was responsible for several hundred votes alone in Chase. But having done...
  2. No Poster Girl

$$$ for WPI vote daily now in Vivint Round 2!

WPI has fallen to seventh place nationally (but is still in first in the Pacific). I haven't been keeping a close eye on the national board, so I don't know who moved up. Edit: I'm guessing it was Journey 4 A Cure moving up to second place in the East. I note that CHERUBS is now in third place...
  3. No Poster Girl

I think it's possible that they decided they'd be annoying their likers by asking them early on to start voting daily. Maybe they want to avoid that more than they want to win. Or maybe they made assumptions about how many votes they could get per day and are now going to try to push hard to get...
  4. No Poster Girl

I believe that It Gets Better's votes are likely genuine. For those of you who are not familiar with the It Gets Better Project (wikipedia), it was started by syndicated sex and relationship columnist Dan Savage as a way to tell at risk lesbian, bisexual, gay, and transgender youth that...
  5. No Poster Girl

I finally got around to asking all my facebook friends to vote. Maybe ten or so were already voting daily. To contact the rest, I put together an event post with all the necessary information, and invited my 350+ friends who aren't voting to the event. I included a couple lines about WPI and...
  6. No Poster Girl

And I'm maintaining a publicly-accessible graph of WPI's vote totals per day here. I've been using SpecialK82's numbers.
  7. No Poster Girl

I'm pretty sure they're out. When I got up this morning, their page was still there and it appeared to be functional. A couple hours ago the link, instead of going to their page, started redirecting to the standings. Their voting reminder event on facebook is gone too. I promised that if Vivint...
  8. No Poster Girl

I think it's fine to leave WPI out of it, but I don't think it's the end of the world if it's known you're supporting them. Andrea Whittemore was worried about that during Chase, but WPI wasn't penalized by Chase - and I don't remember there being a post-voting round to VGB as there was for...
  9. No Poster Girl

Helen allowed me to use her excellent video and the support form she filled out at RadiumOne Social/gWallet that eventually was resolved with them awarding her the credits the offer promised. I also set up a publicly viewable (but write-protected) Google Spreadsheet with the daily vote totals...
  10. No Poster Girl

I put a new post up last night (while Phoenix Rising was down) with some interesting findings. Paying for Votes in Vivint Gives Back: Emptying Out gWallet. The trouble is, I know there are offers elsewhere because of all of the people outside North America who are posting comments on the Vivint...
  11. No Poster Girl

maryb, the graph was created by SpecialK82 and I both posted it on No Poster Girl and emailed it to Vivint. But I assume they have back-end software for the contest that allows them to do this sort of analysis. Couldn't hurt to let them know we're keeping an eye on it, though.
  12. No Poster Girl

SpecialK82 threw together a graph at my request. It shows, in line form, the daily vote totals for WPI and Conejo. It's posted on my blog. And it's amusing.
  13. No Poster Girl

I can speak to the first question. These sorts of things - the offers for online currencies in exchange for votes/surveys/watching videos/etc. - are so evanescent that it's generally much easier, and totally accepted, to take screenshots of them. It's especially good to take a screenshot of the...
  14. No Poster Girl

I posted my blog entry to WPI's facebook page, and Andrea posted the following two things in return, which appear to be from Vivint. Holly is the person I was corresponding with at Vivint. I have received notice of this website several times. I appreciate the diligence of everyone to keep this...
  15. No Poster Girl

I was, Helen. I still had the EasyCash app from when I accessed it during the Chase contest. I went through all the active offers and didn't find it.
  16. No Poster Girl

Several things: The EasyCash! app was the main one we found payments offered through in the Chase Community Giving contest. Helen, if you see the offer come up again, click on the title of the offer (which is in blue) and that might give you a link that others can use. And please send me the...
  17. No Poster Girl

Here's my blog post: Paying for Votes in Vivint Gives Back The short url is http://wp.me/p1j3vO-dg My husband twisted my arm to leave the word "cheating" out of the title. I argued that googling "chase giving cheating" was how many people got to my Chase entries, but he countered that he...
  18. No Poster Girl

I received this email from Vivint just now, in response to the boatload o' links & info I sent them: "Hello Jocelyn! Thank you for this information. I will begin looking into this right now. Information like this helps us to successfully maintain the integrity of the Vivint Gives Back...
  19. No Poster Girl

Helen's post is still there. It's just further down the page. You'd have to click "older posts" to see it. Helen is going to post on the Vivint page. I am assembling screenshots and links for an email to Vivint and a post on my blog.
  20. No Poster Girl

With all due respect, eric_s, I believe the best place to put our energies here, once we've supplied the info we've found to Vivint, is in getting more votes for WPI. During Chase, I personally messaged my 350+ facebook friends individually and netted 150+ votes. When the compensation for...
  21. No Poster Girl

During the Chase contest, I spoke to a friend who is a prominent lawyer and posed precisely the question you asked.
  22. No Poster Girl

Helen is right. There's nothing illegal about what they're doing. What governs this matter is what rules Vivint made for the contest and how they decide to enforce them. Nothing more. Is this infuriating? Of course. But it's not illegal.
  23. No Poster Girl

Helen, I can't get either of the links to work now. I have the screenshots you sent. If you're still around, take shots of the page it takes you to and email them to me, please.
  24. No Poster Girl

eric_s, Friendship Circle is a group that provides families that have mentally handicapped kids with teenage mentors for those kids. They spend time with them, giving their families a bit of respite and providing the kids with friends outside their family. Friendship Circle is a part of the...
  25. No Poster Girl

Yeah, it looks like they may have pulled the offer. I found it via Google cache, but didn't actually find it on the site. This cache link might work and might not.
  26. No Poster Girl

Helen, I was able to get to both links (the first one by appending the /url), but I didn't find the offers. Are they on the first page, or on a different page? If you'll let me know where they are, I'll take screen captures.
  27. No Poster Girl

I agree; I believe there may be things out there that we haven't found yet, and I definitely think there will be more offers. I would not be surprised if there was a redemption site like VoteFive/VoteforGood out there. The images they used in the offers make me think so, but I can't say for...
  28. No Poster Girl

I found the same offer on the Project Swag site. I also sent an email to Vivint, via the email that Vivint provided in response to Helen Watkinson on their Wall. I sent some of the info that I had from the Chase Community Giving debacle that I hadn't published on my blog (for fear of being...
  29. No Poster Girl

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Cheney told me during my appointment that macrophages were one of the reservoirs for XMRV.
  30. No Poster Girl

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Nope, I'm not on the spreadsheet yet. Maybe once I've been on GcMAF for a bit and have something to report. We Cheney patients are free to post about our appointments and anything we learn from him in person.