• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Can Anyone reccomend a Doctor/Clinic in Western Washington State?

Dr. Marti did not just leave. They fired her, and after they fired her, she sued them because, according to her, she refused to refer patients to their "preferred" ITC pharmacy, which they owned. Who knows what is true of that because they settled the case.
  2. J

Dr. Teitelbaum's Fibro & Fatigue Center Doctor Causes HEART ATTACK

And another disciplinary action against a FFC doctor. You can look this up by googling Georgia Composite Medical Board. So that's at least 3 out of 15-20 doctors. If you search Smith on a list of doctors for any medical board, I guarantee you the disciplinary rate is much lower than that, by...
  3. J

Dr. Teitelbaum's Fibro & Fatigue Center Doctor Causes HEART ATTACK

The sad irony of Dr. Teitelbaum: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diseases/thyroid-problems?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150224913343589_17534799_10150242396538589&ref=notif&notif_t=open_graph_comment#f35eaf8dff87ad4
  4. J

Teitelbaum's post on Psychology Today (and my response)

Ok. Facebook Flashmob, noon EST Saturday. Go to Teitelbaum Facebook site to tell him what you really think. Pass it on. But I think you have to 'like' his page before you can post on his wall, so I don't know if this will take traction.
  5. J

He's got a new book out. I'd like to know what kind of bs he is peddling now, but I'm certainly not paying for it, and I don't want to ask the people at the bookstore if he has it because they might think people want it and start to stock it.
  6. J

With all the criticism.... How is it that there are people who post on his Facebook wall asking for advice and praising him? Don't they do a Google search and see all the comments on various websites. I have half a mind to organize a Facebook wall flashmob to bombard him with criticism.
  7. J

Questions about Cortef

Can't tell from this. It looks like they just submitted a complaint to the medical board. So, if they filed a malpractice suit, I bet they settled it and probably had to agree not to talk about details of it, but I'd like to know what really happened. I think those medical board documents...
  8. J

Questions about Cortef

He is an osteopathic physician (D.O.) at the Dallas FFC. Apparently, nothing, he is still there.
  9. J

Questions about Cortef

To be fair, it isn't clear that the person was on all those at once, but I've seen a bunch of people from Teitlebaum's clinic on those kinds of lists. There is a list on the Fibro and Fatigue website under the blogger's diary, which include 10 or so supplements and 5 or 6 prescriptions...
  10. J

the man has some nerve calling himself a "CFS Expert" IMHO

I drew my conclusions about him long ago...he's out to exploit people to make money. I was just curious how he is doing it now that it seems that he has less credibility at least among CFS patients. I haven't been able to find many recent reviews from patients who are being seen at his clinics...
  11. J

Questions about Cortef

If Cortef is harmless like Teitelbaum says, what happened here? http://www.casewatch.org/board/med/stevens/order.shtml Apparently someone was harmed by low dose steroids that one of Teitelbaum's doctors prescribed. Unforunately, it isn't as benigh a drug as Teitelbaum would have you believe.
  12. J

Fatigue and Fibro center information?

WA clinic / Laurie Marti? Was your Dr. Laurie Marti? She didn't quit, they fired her, and she sued them because she alleges they were upset that she wouldn't refer patients to the ITC Compounding pharmacy, which few people know that they own. She also sued them for slander because they told...
  13. J

the man has some nerve calling himself a "CFS Expert" IMHO

Is there a good forum discussing the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers now that they are chaning their name to 'Chronicity Inc'? I suspect it is a marketing ploy to attract new audiences because they have lost credibility in the CFS treatment area (I suppose they would call it the CFS market...