• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Anna Wood

Anyone want to proofread Mark Vink's paper on fitnet

Hi, I'll do this if you like- just pass on my e-mail address
  2. Anna Wood

Alem

So sad to hear how ill he is. Not sure I can do updates, but happy to help in other ways
  3. Anna Wood

Coyne wants to crowd fund

Can't he present over Skype - not that uncommon these days, with environmental as well as financial factors? Not sure about crowd funding - seems to me there are more worthwhile projects, though this does have some value
  4. Anna Wood

Another draft letter

I've submitted this now. Many thanks Dolphin - if I can do anything else to help, do give me a shout
  5. Anna Wood

Another draft letter

@Dolphin Can I just check - there is no '3' in the letter - I presume it goes after the quote in the first para 'in the past week'. I've taken out the 'for example' in the final para, as I'm getting a word count of 249 without and 251 with. Is that ok?
  6. Anna Wood

Another draft letter

Ok, I will do - just didn't want to sort of swan in, take others' work and get the credit! Yes, I'm currently employed 5 hours per week at Edinburgh. But due to my current level of health that's pretty much my limit (for a while I was doing more hours, so I was hoping that being employed for 5...
  7. Anna Wood

Another draft letter

This is a great letter, I'd be happy to submit it if it needs a submitter (though I'd feel bad/awful that I've had no input). Let me know if I'm needed
  8. Anna Wood

David Tuller...

I've not been on here a while, but interesting to see people echoing my concerns re David's fund, and also his angryness and slide. On a similar note I worry about Keith G's use of twitter which doesn't always seem very professional/scientific. But he's doing good stuff too.
  9. Anna Wood

Dr Abhijit Chaudhuri UK

It was about 45 minutes I think. Don't necessarily let my experience put you off - some people I know have had good experiences, and one friend got her diagnosis changed to MS, which has been a really helpful for her. I guess just be realistic about what to expect - he isn't going to offer any...
  10. Anna Wood

Dr Abhijit Chaudhuri UK

I found this thread really helpful when deciding whether to see Dr C, so thanks everyone. But I have to say I'm really disappointed with my appointment and follow-up letter that I've just received. There are lots of in-acurracies in it. He says I am likely to be deconditioned (which I agree...
  11. Anna Wood

Bench

I've not been around for while- I've been more unwell than normal. I've been having problems swallowing, something that happened 4 years ago for a few weeks then cleared up. I've heard of this in very severely ill PWME, but I'm really house rather than bed bound. Anyone any thoughts? I've now...
  12. Anna Wood

Comments received from reviewers for Journal of Health Psychology commentary

I can't help at this stage, but just wanted to say 'great job'! And great that the referees were so constructive - not all are. It will be a great contribution when it's finished
  13. Anna Wood

Bench

sorry to hear this val, and good luck with treating it. As Graham said, I've heard of people altering their diets and reversing the diagnosis
  14. Anna Wood

I got invited to write a commentary on White et al response to Geraghty. I've accepted

ps, I've not had an invite to the other group- don't worry if this was intentional, I probably can't add much anyway, but just thought I'd mention it
  15. Anna Wood

I got invited to write a commentary on White et al response to Geraghty. I've accepted

Suggestions - and agree that adding headings for paras could be useful. Really good - and compliments Woolie's
  16. Anna Wood

PACE authors' response to Geraghty editorial

This is great. I offer a couple of additional changes for consideration :)
  17. Anna Wood

happy new year 2017

Happy New Year - hope this year is full of joy and better health (and fewer scissors for SL)
  18. Anna Wood

Bench

:( Shame
  19. Anna Wood

And it's goodbye from me too...

Look after yourself Sean. It seems it's the time of year for big decisions. Hope to see you around every now and then.
  20. Anna Wood

Leaving RAG, and MExit

Hi Simon and All. Very sorry to hear that you've so much else going on, and of course you will be missed. But I totally understand the need to both focus on your own health, and to take a step back. I perpetually feel bad for not doing more, but I know that it wouldn't do my mental health any...
  21. Anna Wood

Bench

hold on a minute - noone told me anything about that bit.... As for longitude- I think short-itude might be more like it ;-)
  22. Anna Wood

Bench

Thanks Sasha - I'm excited. Or at least if I had the energy to be excited I would be (currently battling yet another seasonal flu....). And 4 hours is easily doable for me, so I won't be stressed or pressured.
  23. Anna Wood

Bench

Thanks Woolie. I'm not any better health-wise - I've been severe-ish (housebound) for 8 years now, and pretty stable, so I don't see that changing anytime soon, sadly. I'm more affected cognitively than 'standard' ME (if there is such a thing), but manage about 3 or 4 30min computer sessions...
  24. Anna Wood

Bench

A little bit of good news -I've got a job!! Don't get too excited though, it's only for 4 hours a week, I'm basically getting paid to do the type of education research I've been doing anyway :-) And the grant is only for a year. Still exciting - first time earning money since relapse 8 years ago :-)
  25. Anna Wood

PACE interactive graphic

sounds great!
  26. Anna Wood

Recovery paper blog and graphs

I like that format a lot. Should it be 28%, then 26% (you've got 28 twice).
  27. Anna Wood

Ok, but I would naturally read it, at first glance, going up - so the proportion of people increasing. But you're right, as soon as you realise that each additional layer is adding a criteria it makes more sense. It's probably just me - I'm clearly in a minority, do ignore. But as before worth...
  28. Anna Wood

Really great graphs - my only comment is , for the second graph (cumulative), is would it be better going up, rather than down. I found that slightly confusing on first reading...
  29. Anna Wood

FITNET poster

it does say 'as part of a research study'. But still the poster is very definite about what the results will be. Seems a bit pointless doing a trial if we already know the outcome....