• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Catseye

tip for anyone doing chelation and having a hard time

Probably not - and if you see a qualified toxicologist, he should be able to screen you properly and make sure you won't have problems. Throughout the whole chelation process I have been monitored for kidney issues with weekly urine tests and occasional blood tests. I am eating healthy and...
  2. Catseye

Cured Myself After 4 Years of CFS

If you already know you had gut issues, then you probably had severe dysbiosis. When you have an overgrowth of yeast and bacteria in the body, they can transform elemental mercury into methyl mercury which is about a hundred times more harmful. This is a main cause of CFS symptoms. You didn't...
  3. Catseye

New here, want to understand basics

You may have run into problems with the IV chelation because you didn't remove the lead first. My chelation doc has been doing this a very long time, over 20 years, and one thing he's seen is that mercury will not come out in the presence of lead. So you may have had trouble with DMPS and DMSA...
  4. Catseye

I got the results from my latest mercury test, my level has dropped from a 13 to a 5 after 12 sessions of DMPS. I am supposed to do another 3 sessions and then I move on to DMSA pills to remove mercury from the brain.
  5. Catseye

L-Metholfolate Help

Hi Freddd, the sore tongue was just overly sensitive, maybe slightly reddish, but it has since stopped happening. There were no real sores with it, the tongue just seemed to be more sensitive on the sides. I've been taking folate off and on for years and never had a sore tongue with it, I'm...
  6. Catseye

L-Metholfolate Help

I know when I started taking folate for the first time, about 4 years ago, I felt really good from it. So I upped the dosage, too. And that was a mistake. I had to back down and it was several days before I felt better. About the sore tongue, I never had that symptom until recently - with...
  7. Catseye

I have NEVER been this ill- Please Please tell me it is heavy metal-detox reaction

Forgot to mention, you should probably try taking some liver support pills if you have any handy, that should relieve some of the strain on the liver. I remember feeling like I was dying when I tried the oral chelation. The liver support pills helped somewhat. Bupleurum Liver Cleanse and Milk...
  8. Catseye

I have NEVER been this ill- Please Please tell me it is heavy metal-detox reaction

Hi Cassandra, I tried oral chelation several times with different protocols and it always went bad, with horrific symptoms. I am using a chelation doctor now who uses IVs. What I have found out from his 20+ years of experience is this: first you have to remove the majority of lead or it...
  9. Catseye

I'm getting some real relief from DMPS, especially with my adrenals. It's pretty obvious to me now that mercury has been the problem all along. I hope people are not still filling their kids' mouths full of mercury.
  10. Catseye

Chelation is going extremely well. I just bought a treadmill! Mercury challenge test showed a level of 13. Doc said 12 is severely toxic. Guess that explains everything. I'm still experiencing slow, steady improvement. Actually, the improvement seems quicker and more significant from...
  11. Catseye

Did my DMPS IV this morning and had no bad effects - not even mildly annoying. So it wasn't anything like the big, bad boogeyman that I have heard so much about!
  12. Catseye

Hi Mark, I never had any stomach pain or any real GI symptoms. I eventually figured out I had leaky gut and confirmed it with tests. I had tried chelation with chlorella and some other supplements but every time I tried it, I couldn't take it. It wasn't until I used the IVs that it was...
  13. Catseye

About the rats, you can't measure how much mercury is in a living brain. So how do they know if mercury was moved out of the brain or not? No, I did not read the full text. Like you said, there are many longstanding misconceptions about chelation, in large part because there is a scarcity of...
  14. Catseye

http://www.mercola.com/article/mercury/detox_protocol.htm
  15. Catseye

The first article is about a study on rats where they removed the brain and kidneys and looked for mercury after they were poisoned and treated. I have no idea how this is relevant because the article doesn't say enough to make sense. How did they know the amount of mercury in the rat's brain...
  16. Catseye

I've done my homework, I'm going to do it. Would you mind pointing out the factual inaccuracies?
  17. Catseye

My lead level is going down and after 5 more edta sessions (or 3 weeks from now) I will begin the mercury chelator - IV DMPS. It's probably going to be bad and I will probably only be able to do one session every week if I'm lucky. I started on the supplements for the mercury challenge test...
  18. Catseye

I just got my latest metals test results back. It's encouraging. Lead has reduced a bit and gadolinium and cadmium have risen off the charts. This means that as the lead is getting out of the way and using less of the edta, the other metals are being grabbed. Remember, these tests just...
  19. Catseye

Will chelation be hard if I have a partial methylation block?

The tests I did were the CDSAs. They indicated what was happening with the guts and liver, but they don't specifically mention methylation. My enormous improvement in symptoms and energy and my increased ability to digest food told me that's what happened. I knew my liver was having problems...
  20. Catseye

I had been getting glutathione at the end of every chelation session but since it was getting so expensive, I starting opting out of the glutathione and didn't really notice a difference. Of course, I'm now 38 sessions into it and have had at least 30 glutathione pushes. I probably won't do...
  21. Catseye

Which to treat first: adrenals, thyroid or methylation cycle?

Have you done a stool test, CDSA, to rule out leaky gut syndrome?
  22. Catseye

Will chelation be hard if I have a partial methylation block?

The liver is going to be stressed by chelation. Any problems with methylation are going to be more stress. I was told by my doctor to not even attempt chelation until I had cured leaky gut. That was also responsible for my methylation problem. So when I cured LG, methylation turned back on...
  23. Catseye

1 disorder which traditional medicine can't cure, and alternative medicine can?

Yes, it seemed like once I lightened the load on the liver by fixing the gut and giving it some supps to help it along (liver cleanse pills, MSM, etc.), it began working much better. I had had hep c which left me with some liver damage, though. So I had to take special care of mine, and still...
  24. Catseye

anniekim, that was what I had to do in my case. I had LG so bad I couldn't hardly eat or leave my bed and my hypoglycemia was horrible. My doc said to go after LG first, in particular the gut bugs. After killing off all the yeast and most of the bad bacteria (took over a year), we increased...
  25. Catseye

please help, embarrassing male problem

Hi ali, You might be interested to know that, even though it is a neurotransmitter and you would think it is made upstairs, most of the body's serotonin production takes place in the intestines. And if you already suspect a methylation problem, have you considered that you may have leaky gut...
  26. Catseye

Yes, glutamine! I took tons of that, too. I'm glad you brought it up, Dreambirdie. It's the main amino acid that the body uses to maintain and repair the gut lining. It's tasteless, inexpensive and easy to take so it's a good mention. I took one tsp, about 5 grams, every night and every...
  27. Catseye

Hi anniekim, Yes, I think the methylation problem is the point of no return. Once the liver is down and unable to detox and flush out the toxins, they, particularly the metals, end up in places they never should. At any one time, there are between 50,000 and 100,000 different enzymes...
  28. Catseye

Hi Uni, I didn't keep track of the number of carbs per day, though my doc said as a rule to stay under 40. I know I couldn't have been under that but he knew what I was eating. It's easier to say what I was eating rather than what I was avoiding. I was eating zucchini, eggs, chicken, raw...
  29. Catseye

Hi Wayne! Been a long while, huh? I stopped using oil of oregano for awhile after I fixed the dysbiosis and would use it again from time to time if levels of bad bacteria became high on my CDSA. Recently, I haven't bothered with a CDSA just yet but I'm back on OOO. I'm sure the chelation...