• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Joycie

Albuterol (inhaler)

I can’t say that it does much for me either, Pink. :)
  2. Joycie

Albuterol (inhaler)

@jm. It opens up your airways. I have emphysema, and have the same thing under a different trade name. It is what is called a ‘rescue’ inhaler. I was advised to use it 10 minutes or so before needed, say before exercise, and really only when needed. The usual dose is 2 puffs taken up to 4 times...
  3. Joycie

Shutdown

@IThinkImTurningJapanese, I’m also a TESOL teacher of English, not that I do it, so I know a bit about different methodologies. :sleep:
  4. Joycie

Shutdown

Many thanks, IThinkImTurningJapanese. I’ll check it out. I definitely need help! ;) I’ve tried keeping notes and writing stuff on bits of paper, in life generally, with limited success, but in a classroom setting, during an exercise, we have to regurgitate a dialogue that we have just studied...
  5. Joycie

Shutdown

I can sympathise, 5150. I’d be paralysed as well! I started learning Welsh in September, a couple of hours once a week in the evening, and my partner would take me and pick me up to make it easy for me. I haven’t been to the class since the beginning of December. Every class exercise, working...
  6. Joycie

Shutdown

Bless you, Runner5! Yes, that’s it exactly! I’ve been thinking it’s just me, and that I’ve lost the plot. “It’s frantic and trapped inside pounding against a glass wall” is a perfect description of how I feel. The more urgent the job, the more frantic that pounding becomes. I had a phone call...
  7. Joycie

Shutdown

Thanks for your reply, Gerald. This is something I’ve had now for three years, since I went through a bad time at work. It’s like I become frozen to the spot if something must be done. Another analogy is like there’s two of me, having a battle of wills. The rational side of me is battling...
  8. Joycie

Shutdown

I don’t know what this is, or what it would be classified as, but as I’ve got it today it brought it to mind. If something crops up that I really have to do, I go into a sort of shutdown. The more my mind is telling me to get off my backside and make a start, or do whatever it is, my body kind...