• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Overmethylated= Ear Ringing and Histamine Intolerance?

I eat a lot of chicken, beef and eggs. Lettuce, carrots, watermelon, cantaloupe don't seem to bother me. Otherwise oatmeal, organic pasta, sometimes baked beans. Nuts and peanut butter. And i don't mean to cut it out forever, just for a week to see if it's an issue, then go from there. It...
  2. G

Have you completely cut out veggies and fruit and any sources of folate for just a couple days? It sounds like you may have similar issues as I do.
  3. G

I also realized that certain fruits and veggies contributed to the feeling. When i cut out broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, etc I felt so much calmer. This isn't a long term strategy, but it was a clue for me. Now I'm trying to add those back in. Do you have COMT mutations? Do you at least...
  4. G

You're not taking any vitamins, nor eating eggs? I'm pretty sure that's what's causing it for me, but I need both to feel somewhat normal as well. I know I need extra niacin when I eat eggs and take vitamins though.
  5. G

Shoulder and upper back pain - discontinued vitamin b12

I just had an OAT test that shows I have zero b6. How did you see you had oxalate issues on it? Could this be the reason for my insomnia? Otherwise my quinolinic acid was very high. Most of the rest of my test was fairly normal.
  6. G

Over vs. Undermethylation and COVID-19

Does anyone have any theories about methylation and covid risk? I've been swinging between over and undermethylation for months and can't find the balance. I'm on day 3 of covid. I know I can induce and stay over or under, but what would be better with covid for severity risk?
  7. G

The connection of constipation and methylation

What side effects did you get from folinic specifically?
  8. G

What has helped you with sleep/insomnia - post links

I've noticed 2 things for my sleep. I must eat eggs every day (guessing it's choline?). And GABA is terrible for my sleep when I've taken it during the day. I urgent taken it pre-bedtime, but if taken at 12pm or 5pm, I feel awful about 6 hours later.
  9. G

GHB didn't even work?
  10. G

Thanks @lenora . What has worked for you?
  11. G

Back to those...ugh... Need to figure out what I was doing differently...
  12. G

Confused about folate deficiency symptoms

Do you eat veggies now? I realize it's been a long time for this thread, but I'm having the same issue with veggie folate now.
  13. G

Eggs: Scrambled vs. Hardboiled Symptoms

Interesting. I only cook the eggs for about 10 minutes, then put them in an ice bath, so a little shorter than what's recommended. That could be why they hit me so much harder. Maybe I'll hardboil a little longer to see if it makes a difference. I only use butter for scrambled which I...
  14. G

Eggs: Scrambled vs. Hardboiled Symptoms

Just in the past week, I've realized that how I prepare my eggs determines what symptoms I'll get from them. Hardboiled will rev me up, give me terrible health anxiety (of the "am I dying?" variety), make it harder to sleep, extreme mood swings (like excess dopamine), and im sure some other...
  15. G

Overmethylation? Methylfolate side effects

It's been a couple years, but have you recovered from this? What was the solution?
  16. G

France: ME/CFS in France

I'm sorry, I'm not in France; I just searched everything related to the BBB and found your post. Thanks for the info on b3. Glad to hear your doing better now!
  17. G

EMF and Sleep

Thanks all for the replies. I did not sleep well last night regardless of turning all sources of emf in my house off. I will be continuing the experiment though.
  18. G

Acetyl-Choline Overload

What does higher amounts of bone broth do? 15g collagen made me want to crawl out of my skin...
  19. G

EMF and Sleep

Gotcha. Well, I'll keep up the experiment and even if it's placebo for me, I'll take it!
  20. G

EMF and Sleep

Does anyone have any experience with emf affecting their sleep (or anything else for that matter)? Out of desperation, I unplugged the internet router last night and actually slept pretty well. I've seen plenty of research to say that it shouldn't matter, but I've also seen plenty of research...
  21. G

Acetyl-Choline Overload

If glutamine makes you sleepy, does glycine or magnesium glycinate as well?
  22. G

Clonazepam (Klonopin) stops my symptoms almost completely

How would you describe the brain inflammation?
  23. G

Folate can make some undermethylaters worse

This didn't work out for me. When I started taking collagen, I was up all night jumping out of my skin.
  24. G

Improvement: GABA high dose helps me tolerate more methyl donors

Is this still working? Do you think gaba could be a methyl reducer like niacin? I've been trying to figure out what I've done wrong this week which has induced terrible inside restlessness, insomnia and depression. I think I'm extremely undermethylated.
  25. G

Acetyl-Choline Overload

What have you found to turn that off? Niacin works when I'm overmethylated, but I get overstimulated from other things too easy too, and can't figure out how to stop it so I can sleep.
  26. G

Acetyl-Choline Overload

Thanks. Do you deal with feeling overstimulated ever?
  27. G

Acetyl-Choline Overload

Have you figured out your insomnia?
  28. G

France: ME/CFS in France

I'm curious about this b3 and leaky blood brain barrier thing. Do you have more info on this?
  29. G

Gastrointestinal Reflux as Dysautonomia

Why cut out oatmeal? I eat it every breakfast...