• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Low dose Naltrexone

I had almost zero side effects. I started at 4.5mg right off the bat. I am in no way suggesting or recommending people try to start at 4.5mg but I find it really strange that all sorts of people have really weird and bad side effects when they start really low. I wonder if for some reason the...
  2. D

Low dose Naltrexone

I would do some testing. Also look at things like if your sleep pattern is interrupted which could cause a temporary elevation in BP. Also in theory an increase in endorphins can cause a temporary increase in BP while your body adjusts. I am not sure how long you have been on LDN but I noticed...
  3. D

Low dose Naltrexone

My blood pressure dropped from an average of 116/76 to around 108/70. Not significant and a lot of people would consider it a good thing unless of course your having dizziness, fainting, things like that? Is your elevated since taking ldn?
  4. D

Low dose Naltrexone

I am close to a week in on my LDN so I though I would update. My hives have been really bad since the start of this year. A couple days after starting this medicine my hives greatly improved. I do not have to take allergy medicine anymore. I have only had to use steroid cream 1 time per day...
  5. D

Low dose Naltrexone

Thanks for the information. I think I got lucky starting at 4.5mg. This is the start of my third day and I am having zero negative side affects. I am still getting hives but I have not had to take antihistamines since I started the LDN and I have to take antihistamines daily normally. The hives...
  6. D

Low dose Naltrexone

Ended being wiped out and falling asleep about 730 last night. Woke up about 4am. I am waking up earlier then normal. I don't know if I would call it a side effect necessarily. With this medicine I am waking up completely rested which I have not done is years so I think my body is just done with...
  7. D

Low dose Naltrexone

So far today I have definately noticed an improvement in something. I don't want to call it energy. I really don't know how to explain it. It's almost like I have mild euphoria....and even that's not the right word. Usually I struggle to stay engaged in conversation and zone out alot. Also I...
  8. D

Low dose Naltrexone

We have a great compounding pharmacy local here where I live. I was able to pick up my LDN yesterday and I talked to the pharmacist as well. Her advice was to try the 4.5 and let her know if I have issues and if I do then she can make some smaller pills to start out with. So....last night I...
  9. D

Low dose Naltrexone

Thank you for the reply! I am sensitive to medicines and chemicals in a slightly different way from most I believe. Certain chemicals cause an almost instant increase in the size of my cervical lymph nodes and also pain in them. Also cause flu like symptoms if I have to much exposure. Chemicals...
  10. D

Low dose Naltrexone

And just to clarify gulf war syndrome and CFS are very similar if not the same illness. Most of the symptoms overlap and the treatments seem to be very similiar between the two.
  11. D

Low dose Naltrexone

I was diagnosed with gulf war syndrome from serving in Iraq. Gulf War syndrome differs depending on the person. In my case I have fatigue, pain in my intercostal muscles, swollen cervical lymph nodes for years (had one removed), headaches, memory problems, stuff I actually learn I remember...