• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

OAT Interpretation

Much appreciated for the reply. Yeah I noticed that as well. Very fatigued lately. Any clue as to why its so low? Yeah, I caught the comments at the bottom but they don't make much sense. It claims pyridoxic acid is low but every other marker thats suppose to implicate b6 being deficient, are...
  2. S

OAT Interpretation

Hey all I'm hoping someone can give me an idea where to start in the mean time. I was taking a low dose multivitamin/mineral (up to 300% non activated b vitamins and 100% minerals besides calcium, magnesium and potassium) for 3 weeks leading up to the test, which I stopped just 2 days before...
  3. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Cheers @Freddd, sent you a PM. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say. So can anyone give me some clarification regarding the difference between a capsule MB12 and sublingual? Is there any special ingredient that makes it sublingual or can I just put the powder from the capsule under...
  4. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Excellent, thank you. I will have to reread it again when the brain fog dies down a bit. Though back to my original question if you don't mind? The only form of B12 I can get in my country is cyanocobalamin and methylcobalamin and I cannot import any medicine or supplements internationally as...
  5. S

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Can anyone tell me if there's a difference between oral b12 and sublingual? To be more specific, can I use the powder in an oral capsule and massage under my tongue or in my gums like mentioned in some other threads? Only reason I ask is the only B12 sublingual I can get in my country are...
  6. S

SNP interpretation advice. MTR/MTRR, BHMT, SHMT, AHCY, COMT, CBS, VDR and MOA:A

Good day all I finally received my DNA Methylation results from Doctor's Data. It mostly confirmed what was already suspected during my trial and error in the last 2 years trying to get better but with some extra surprises, which I am not quite sure what to make of and I am hoping the fine...
  7. S

Folinic Acid

Thanks for the responses everyone. I've been on methylfolate for about 3 days now with hydroxyB12 and I started to getting quite a bit of anxiety/tachycardia/adrenaline rushes which I assume can be caused by potassium deficiency? The list of potassium deficiency symptoms can really be...
  8. S

Folinic Acid

Good day everyone! I have a question regarding the use of folinic acid etc Without genetic testing done, is there no way to test whether or not you can make use of folinic aicd? I have been folate deficient for a few months now, except for some folate from greens and legumes, but can't eat...
  9. S

Active B12 Protocol Basics

I will keep all this in mind, thanks. Is dream recall methylation specific or something specific to B6 because I only get B6 through foods but the very night I took the folinic acid and every night since then, I have dream recall again, which hasn't happened in month and I changed nothing diet...
  10. S

I am in South Africa. If I took a small dose of methylfolate and I get no reaction whatsoever(good or bad), does that mean I don't have a problem converting to methylfolate since I am just giving the body what it already has and uses currently? Is there no way to test methylfolate and...
  11. S

Hey everyone I have a question regarding testing for the methylation mutations. I hope this is the right place to ask this I haven't done my genetic testing yet, still have to put the money together because it's insanely expensive where I live but I am having terrible histamine problems and...
  12. S

Anemia CBC guidance. Low MCV, MCH, MCHC and Reticulocyte Count.

Thanks for the bit of spleen trivia, quite funny in hindsight. Username I've been using online since I was 10, less funny now though :P I will definitely be seeing both a gastroenterologist and hematologist in the new year. Though the yellow stools seem to have a connection with Oxalates...
  13. S

Thank you for the response @CFS_for_19_years I will give the articles a look. I would love to hear @valentinelynx thought's about this too. I will only be able to see a hemeotologist in the new year so all the advice is welcome while I do some research to discuss with them. Thanks again.
  14. S

Hey all! Hoping some kind member can offer me some advice regarding my test results. I seem to be suffering from anemia symptoms and/or pots(among other things) My doctor said my blood work checks out but I don't believe that so would like to gain a bit more understanding for when I speak to a...
  15. S

Sulphur/Phenol Intolerance

Thanks for the articles and response! Honestly, I have never had muscle mass, I've always been pretty thin and constantly had comments that I'm too skinny and must eat more even though I use to eat a lot. I only ever put on weight(around the waist) due to side effects from meds but lost that...
  16. S

Hey everyone. Just an update. Managed to get perfect water. Had to invest in a distiller which was rather costly and making water every day is a mission, especially when getting fatigue after almost every meal but I'm thankful it doesn't cause me brain fog anymore, so that's nice! I am going to...
  17. S

Thanks for all the info everyone! I will post my test results soon and hopefully someone can give me a bit more of a clue so I can research a bit before my appointment with my doctor. Don't want it to be a waste of an appointment, so hoping to go in armed with some knowledge Does anyone know...
  18. S

Has anyone here heard about sulphites in bottled water? Obviously the ones that have been passed through a carbon filter is loaded but the mineral waters without carbon filtration still have? https://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=7&m=948461 I was reading the thread above awhile...
  19. S

Is double posting allowed? I can't find the edit button here :/ Thanks for the info! Last year during the failsafe I use to eat white rice which was the "safest" food choice, at least for phytochemicals. My dietitian(ag) said that's not healthy, I must switch to brown and avoid gluten.. So for...
  20. S

Haha yeah tell me about it. I was seriously annoyed with the dietitian but this was just any dietitain. She was apparently a RPAH "expert" but that group doesn't seem to be interested in what's actually causing their problems, just avoiding it. Haha, thank you! Thanks for the advice! What...
  21. S

I am not sure how to edit the message, doesn't seem possible, so apologies for the double post, PS: I don't have any amalgam fillings, but I do have a few plastic ones :/ I also realized that I moved into a new flat about 4 months ago, but wasn't as bad the first month or 2 I was here, but my...
  22. S

Hi there everyone. Sorry for the terribly long backstory. Hopefully it adds in some context I also apologize for the scattered message. VERY difficult to type anything at the moment. My days just consist of colouring in. Some backstory: For most of my life(13+) I've suffered from lack of...
  23. S

Sensitive to Plastic. Dental filling advice

Hi everyone, I have recently found out I'm extremely sensitive to plastics. I can't even put a plastic water bottle between my lips for 10 seconds with burning them. Sadly I have already had a composite resin dental filling put in late last year before I found out about my sensitivities. For...