• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Cold Sensitivity

I see. This is again, everywhere, including my chest. If it weren’t in my core, well I guess it still would be bad, but maybe not insanely bad. I know Raynauds. I used to mountain climb in very cold conditions and the pain afterwards , especially in the shower, was intense, but it ended. I...
  2. L

Cold Sensitivity

Can I ask whether your friends condition affected his entire body, no area spared?
  3. L

Cold Sensitivity

Thanks for your reply. I think you are right in that it's Raynaud's, and/or it's cousin Chilblains that is the source of the pain. I believe my cells are so compromised that the pain is magnified significantly. I've known I've had Raynaud's for a long time, through numerous experiences while...
  4. L

Cold Sensitivity

Hi All, I see ME/CFS symptoms can include cold sensitivity. What happened to me a week ago is a demonstration of this, I would think. This isn't an one off, of course, but it's hard to remember all the horrors of the past. This last time started as the facility where the FM support group I...
  5. L

Comment by 'Laluzhiker' in 'So many thoughts!!'

I started keeping a journal to try and correlate triggers for the major episodes that I was going through, but I really found it became more therapeutic than anything else. You sound like a younger me, going hard-core. I am now stuck where I can't do anything... there is no remission in...