• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Confused about Lyme

The PCR is also quite a good test; but there are many false-negatives. In The Netherlands they are developing a better test to confirm if you have Lyme disease. I hope next year the test will be on the market. At this day Lyme is still a clinical diagnosis. Further research needs to be done. Why...
  2. H

Confused about Lyme

Yes. Tested positive for CMV, but Lyme treatment made the difference for me. Now I’m finished with my Lyme treatment and only treating immune dysfunction and gut imbalance.
  3. H

SIBO / Dysbiosis herbal treatment

You’re not the only one. The results from the MSA testing from me and my friend looked also better when we took antibiotics. I don’t get it. I eat healthy, i take probiotics, supplements and no antibiotics or other meds. Maybe we need to switch op probiotics. Since a few days i’m taking...
  4. H

Confused about Lyme

I don’t recommend this, because these tests are not reliable. Unfortunately there is NO test that is completely reliable, so a negative test doesn’t rule out Lyme disease. I tested negative with these tests at te beginning, so i didn’t get the treatment I needed. So thanks to the unreliable...
  5. H

C3a and C4a levels low. What does it mean?

Sick for more than 12 years... Some test results improved, other test results are still bad.
  6. H

I’m feeling 80% recovered on my really good days. Treating Lyme & co’s with antibiotics were only a part of my treatment though. We also treated immune dysfunction, “leaky” gut, inflammation, etc etc. I’m still getting treated with immunoglobulins and lots of supplements, but no antibiotics...
  7. H

Anyone tried Ritalin?

My doctor prescribed me Ritalin after reading an article from a doctor who believes Ritalin + CBT can heal CFS. The Ritalin did help with my symptoms, but I would NOT recommend it. After 6 months my body shut down because I did way more than my body could handle (Ritalin acts like speed, you...
  8. H

Hi i’m new here. I’m getting treated for Lyme and co-infections for more than 5 years now. When I started treatment I was completely bedbound in a dark room 24/7 and not able to walk, talk, eat by myself (i was tube-fed), watch TV or shower. Treatment was really hard, but finally I’m making...