• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Ampligen success rate?

<<I've heard that Dr. Deckoff-Jones(can't remember if it was Santa Rosa or on her X Rx blog) was originally XMRV serology negative, XMRV culture positive. But after being on ARV's for a while she started producing antibodies and her XMRV serology test came back positive.>> I think this is...
  2. J

Ampligen success rate?

Based on recent comments from dr M..... IMO an opinion probably not worth much...... dr M talked about how ampligen would be used but then followed up with an antiviral.... What that treatment showed from a scientific basis is that xmrv has the ability to shut down the production...
  3. J

Ampligen success rate?

If antibodies are as integral to the solution as some research may indicate..... then quite a good treatment may be possible... Antiretrovirals would be an intermediate step but therapeutic antibodies would be an excellent possibility I might think....
  4. J

Ampligen success rate?

Let me just say I didnt call you narrow minded just the post.... I have no desire to get into a long discussion with you about all the studies yada yada.... but I strongly disagree with your comments.... dr M should know more than almost anyone becuase heb has paid her for the last 18...
  5. J

Ampligen success rate?

JD Id like to add this bit.... In their study the authors noted that, "In contrast, antibody responses were clearly elicited after the initial infection (Figure 5), boosted following reinfection, as well as after immunization." (p. 10) This finding caused Dr. Vincent Racaniello, a...
  6. J

Ampligen success rate?

Heb is in the process of adding xmrv data to the First phase III..... This is to establish a subgroup for the larger study which hasnt begun yet..... More than likely this study will be with those who have xmrv and are antibody positive.....
  7. J

Ampligen success rate?

Info from heb.... The XMRV antibody positive cohort had a greater relative percentage of subjects showing a >25% increase in ETT with Ampligen treatment compared to placebo than the XMRV antibody negative cohort. The results also suggest that the XMRV antibody negative subjects with CFS have...
  8. J

Ampligen success rate?

I think I would want to know before treatment.... Do you have xmrv infection... Do you produce xmrv antibodies..... would the doc consider the use of azt if xmrv titers increase.....
  9. J

Ampligen success rate?

Let me give you my take on ampligen treatment..... If my sister had xmrv related cfs this is what I would say.... I believe xmrv like other viruses can infect a person..... then go dormant.... an active immune system could keep the virus dormant for a long time without that person...
  10. J

Ampligen success rate?

You are aware are you not that heb is the only company to treat xmrv patients in a phase III???? WPI did a retrospective study with ampligen.... very sound science..... blinded to be sent to the fda.... which showed clearly ampligen had an effect on xmrv... I dont see why a...
  11. J

Ampligen success rate?

You are correct in saying that heb did a study which found that those who produce xmrv antibodies did better.... DrM said that a third of xmrv patients who are treated with ampligen activate the virus..... What she doesnt say is that its quite as clear as testing for the presence of...
  12. J

Ampligen success rate?

Here is my theory on that..... There was a question earlier about dr m comments that 1/3 of those who are treated with ampligen activate the virus..... That may be explained by the fact there are no xmrv antibodies waiting to attack the virus..... Dr M has also said in these...
  13. J

Ampligen success rate?

I dont know if you have had the tests but those who produce antibodies to xmrv do the best on ampligen..... The reason I think is similar to the flu....the more antibodies you make the better protected you are.... old folks and others with inefficient immune systems do worse..... But...
  14. J

Ampligen success rate?

First my disclaimer.... I own the stock.... Second I consider wiki a horrible reference.... <<Hemispherx has on two occasions received warning letters from the FDA regarding its promotion of Ampligen as safe and effective before approval from the FDA.[30][31]>> HEB isnt the only one...