• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Tongue Symptoms

Just a quick question, if there is such a thing with ME/CFS/FIBRO Does anyone else suffer with pain and heaviness in their tongue? I have recently had a virus which wakes every little symptom up but I ve noticed a very painful aching in my tongue and it feels swollen and heavy? I m not slurring...
  2. B

Severe PEM

Thank you everyone that has responded, I m still pretty much wiped out So if I can muster up the energy I will have to pay a visit to the Dr (probably to be told it's all down to ME/CFS/FIBRO). It is making me a bit anxious (and that's not a good cycle to be in for ME) but I have read about the...
  3. B

Severe PEM

How do you take the Cumin? Is it a supplement/tablet/powder? Thank you
  4. B

Severe PEM

Hello, I m hoping to find out how severe other people's PEM has got? At the beginning of the week we had some major DIY going on and of course I helped as much as I could and it really was too much. By Thursday I was feeling very unwell, severe dizziness, bodywide pain, my legs felt like heavy...
  5. B

Vertigo and Horner's Syndrome

Hi, I am a 45yr old female and have suffered with CFS and Fibromyalgia for nearly 10 years now but my symptoms have taken a real 'neurological turn' over the past two years. These have been investigated by a neurologist with scans, carotid artery Doppler, X-ray, multiple blood tests, all coming...