• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

An Open Response to the British Psychological Society Regarding the DHSC's Plan for ME by Dr Jo Greer and Jennifer Wilson

I fully I fully agree. Perhaps what we should be asking for is separation from the different Health Services and come together as a Union of patients to use our numbers to make changes such as asking our Governments to be treated at our own Hospitals and using only Doctors and Consultants with...
  2. A

ME/CFS for 18 years, recently diagnosed with D-Lactic acidosis as cause of symptoms and illness.

Hi Wayne, Methelene Blue it sounds excellent! I am very interested. It is always good to have more than one possible way out of the maze. Where can I get some for human use? Or can you use the fish version (I suppose that it would have to be extremely pure for using with fish...
  3. A

ME/CFS for 18 years, recently diagnosed with D-Lactic acidosis as cause of symptoms and illness.

Hi Aidan, I nearly forgot, the D-lactate Assay is set for a high threshold, but as there have been very few patients with diagnosed D-lactic Acidosis, there is no absolute consensus that the Levels set as a threshold are correct, or correct for individuals. But the Blood Gas...
  4. A

Hi Aidan, it sounds pretty similar to the effects of D-lactic acid, but as I was saying, there are other Neurotoxic Organic Acids from other forms of Bacterial Overgrowth that are capable of giving the same effects as D-lactic acidosis according to the American Journal of Nutrition including...
  5. A

There is nowhere other than NHS for a D-lactic assay. They have only one Laboratory in Birmingham Children's Hospital. But please read further on; I will look into Toxoplasmosis. I had bad apnoeas and hypopneas with long periods stopping breathing when I first fell ill. The Bacteria causing my...
  6. A

Hi Aidan and Wayne, I am still in remission after using Sodium Bicarbonate with old antibiotics that I have become resistant to! I am still awaiting FMT, but I have had one of the longest periods of remission for over a year. I was pretty unwell most of the...
  7. A

POSSIBLY MY MOST IMPORTASNT FIND SO FAR; THE EFFECTS SODIUM BICARBONATE ON THE MICROBIOME, BACTERIAL INFECTIONS AND ANTIBIOTCS! SODIUM BICARBONATE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO INCREASE POTENCY OF ANTIBIOTICS AND EVEN EXTEND RESISTANT ANTIBIOTIC USE BY SENSITIZATION OF MEMBRANE POTENTIAL IN GRAM...
  8. A

POSSIBLY MY MOST IMPORTASNT FIND SO FAR; THE EFFECTS SODIUM BICARBONATE ON, THE MICROBIOME, BACTERIAL INFECTIONS AND ANTIBIOTCS EVEN BIOFILM! SODIUM BICARBONATE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO INCREASE POTENCY OF ANTIBIOTICS AND EVEN EXTEND RESISTANT ANTIBIOTIC USE BY SENSITIZATION OF MEMBRANE POTENTIAL...
  9. A

For Tsukareta, Aidan, EddieB, kangaSue, Leonora, Wayne and all interested; Acidosis as a probable cause of illness in ME/CFS; Most of the links to the Microbiome are all 'old hat' now; but I now have a proven diagnosis from the Anion Gap that my illness is Acidosis associated with...
  10. A

Hi Aidan, I will look into Toxoplasmosis. I am definitely getting frequent levels of acidosis. I still believe that I may have a chance with FMT, but it would probably depend on the Bacteria and whether it responds to crowding and reset of immune response etc. it could just as...
  11. A

Hi Tsukareta, Lenora and Aidan, sorry not to have replied sooner, but have been in hospital after another bout of illness; I went in two days after a bad exacerbation including breathing difficulty; I still had some symptoms including...
  12. A

Antidepressants causing changes to the Microbiome. Could your Antidepressant be causing or contributing to a range of Gastrointestinal problems related to ME/CFS or other disorders, C-IBS or SIBO? Firstly I have found that Amitriptyline can cause changes to motility and changes to the...
  13. A

Hopefully you have all seen this; but FMT is about to be tested on ME/CFS in trials according to Professor Carding; Thank God! This could be a lifeline for many with microbiome related disease including ME/CFS. Then to heal our minds; many will have been through hell, some for decades; I was...
  14. A

D-lactate is possibly not the only Holy Grail; There are other possible Forms of microbial acidosis caused in SIBO/Bacterial Overgrowth with symptoms similar to D-Lactic acidosis according to the American Journal of Nutrition; D-lactic acidosis may be only one of a number; I have increasing...
  15. A

I've felt great for over a month... thought I should share what I'm taking

Concerning GFRT Probiotics, this may be of interest; I had not fully realised that GFRT is a Probiotic Colonic treatment from the Dove Clinic and would not be affecing the small bowel; ''It is the process of implanting the beneficial intestinal...
  16. A

Concerning GFRT, I had not fully realised that GFRT is a Colonic treatment from the Dove Clinic and would not be affecing the small bowel; ''It is the process of implanting the beneficial intestinal bacteria and yeasts, from specific varied probiotic supplements...
  17. A

Hi gregh286, I am off antibiotics and eating normal food again to become unwell to have a D-Lactic assay induced at Birmingham QE Hospital; I started feeling unwell last night and symptoms are escalating and already affecting my thinking, so please forgive any mistakes (I...
  18. A

Hi 'Husband of', sorry not to get back sooner; you need to go back to the beginning of my post; Ketosis is not exactly the aim and would be dangerous, but a Ketogenic or Palao diet, best explained on Dr. Sarah Myhills web page...
  19. A

Antivirals Effective Against Coronavirus?

Hi anne_likes_red, I purchased a Vaporiser to use this for myself or family members if they fall ill; but this could possibly be used with a substitute cigarette like Vaporiser to create very fine Povidone-Iodine particles that would easily flow to the Nasal...
  20. A

Understanding the causes of ME/CFS I have just found an exciting study fron Dr. Karl Morten from the University of Oxford for those of you who have not already seen this; but there are a number of existing and new studies underway; The existing studies already show specific differences...
  21. A

Autoimmune Disease, the Gut and Sibo; Still exhausted and have new symptoms other than D-lactic since I came off the FODMAP diet and antibiotics for a few months last year to produce a D-Lactic assay for FMT; then spinal surgery and reacted to the Covid Booster soon after surgery, then getting...
  22. A

Brazilian artistic performance about ME/CFS

Thank you! Incredibly apt and true of all of us. Wonderfully put; and from everyone I have spoken to we hold so much anger at this opression and what we see from the other side as Doctors who just don't care or worse, see us as wasting their time and angry at us. We are not important, because...
  23. A

Sub Clinical Effects of D-Lactate; Hi kangaSue, have not been too good so have only just been able to look at your most interesting reports. I had been off antibiotics for some months to have a D-Lactic assay performed to have FMT. I has been very hard, but I believed...
  24. A

Hi kangaSue, thanks again; not well today, exhausted after spinal surgery, having some night sweats and headaches and still back pain and feel dopey (the sweats are definitely not to do with D-Lactic acidosis because I do not develop a temperature during episodes). The...
  25. A

Major Study Links Gut Bacteria to Fatigue in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) by Cort Johnson | Nov 10, 2021 | Gut, Homepage, Microbiome | 87 comments Emailed to me By SamB; Led by Cheng Guo (lead author) and Brent L. Williams (senior author) this big NIH-funded study from Ian Lipkin’s...
  26. A

Ron Davis Summary of ME/CFS Working Group At Stanford Meeting Sept 8-10, 2021

I have sent this message because of your new focus on pathways in Mitochondrial dysfunction; I have included evidence of Mitochondrial Dysfunction related to D-Lactic acidosis; where 'surprisingly low complexes' were dismissed because my Histochemistry was not related to this neurotoxin; I...
  27. A

This is really interesring; rather like keeping a clone of oneself, but storing a good copy of your own Feacal matter to reset illness after some form of interruption. It would be so interesting to understand fully what those interruptions are; but Viruses like Covid-19 seem to be able to be one...
  28. A

Rheumatoid arthritis: New ‘highly effective’ treatment on the way after scientific breakthrough EXCLUSIVEResearchers have found, for the first time, that damage to the lining of the gut plays a key role in disease by making it leaky This report was passed to me by SamB...