• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. drewf2

Malaise - How do you deal with it?

i'd definitely agree about drugs, I'd prefer to fight depression as naturally as possible. I have been taking CBD oil and that works quite well also. I'll be trying the L-tryptophan at night soon so I will see what effect it has. It is quite hard to distinguish what is causing me more fatigue...
  2. drewf2

Id like to take l-tryptophan for depression, have you noticed any benefit in that regard? Tryosine I am noticing works pretty well for depression but Tryptophan is supposed to be even better?
  3. drewf2

Article Dec 23rd 2017: Aussie scientists discover CFS is real and may be treated with CCBlockers.

Is there anyone on here that has tried calcium channel blockers and noticed any benefits? 15 people in the research group with CFS seems like a small amount to be conclusive that all CFS people will have low cellular calcium levels from a faulty gene but I guess it's the best evidence there is...
  4. drewf2

Funnily enough I just started trying charcoal tablets, my malaise had already subsided but next time it comes I will take them, another one I just started is calcium d glucarate which should help with malaise hopefully.
  5. drewf2

Sounds interesting, I find when i keep busy I can push the malaise feeling out until it gets too overwhelming and I have to stop. The idea of pacing sounds like something I should try.
  6. drewf2

That's interesting because I have experienced Herx reactions to many things that I didn't think would give me a reaction and this could quite well be happening from something I am taking! also my liver bilirubin levels are always sky high, doctors say Gilberts but I am not convinced so it could...
  7. drewf2

It's actually hard to say, i have low level malaise all the time now since this virus so I've had to reduce physical activity to just going for a short run at a maximum otherwise I'll get it back but it also happens after a flu or illness or even after a stressful period and always last around a...
  8. drewf2

I am a new member here although I have been on these forums a lot over the years I decided to finally sign up! I have had CFS symptoms for around 15 years now, It started when I was 21. 4 months ago I had a major virus, not exactly sure what it was, It was believed to be Ross river virus...