• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Fasciculations

I don't think that was the case Freddd. I initially responded to the reaction by greatly increasing my dose of mb12 and mfolate, to obviate exactly the mechanism you mentioned. I took no glutathione. Only made things worse and sent me above new threshold of autoimmunity that I have yet to...
  2. L

Fasciculations

Be wary of methylation protocol exacerbated neuro symptoms, as they should not be pushed through in all cases . My fasiculations were autoimmune related and methylation protocol made things worse. It will continue to do so until I reduce inflammation and autoimmunity downstream, I presume.
  3. L

Does Molybdenum deplete b12?

Hi Everyone, I have sulfur issues, and for various reasons my doctor wants to give my molybdenum and NADH without B12 initially (since increasing methylation wiht B12 and Mfolate exacerbates my autoimmune neuropathy, she wants to low inflammation first before going with b vitamins) . Since both...
  4. L

Treating methylation, triggered autoimmune nerve damage..how to proceed? (SNPs inside)

Hi Critterina, Thanks to your feedback, I just realized that the spreadsheet I uploaded was had many errors. The url now links to the correct sheet. I am indeed homozygous for C677t. I hear that about the complexity, It feels like everything is a catch 22! Thanks for the wishes and likewise...
  5. L

Treating methylation, triggered autoimmune nerve damage..how to proceed? (SNPs inside)

Intro and TLDR: I would really appreciate any help. My brainfog is so bad, I can't function at all. My intelligence is draining and my ability to do simple tasks is fading. Although Mfolate + MB12 etc helped me initially with dopamine, It sparked horrible inflammation and autoimmune nerve...
  6. L

Can ADB12 be taken alone for inflammation?

Hi everyone, I have both the MTHFR homozygous mutation, Homozygous COMT and CBS. Fredds methylation protocol really helped brighten things up for me, but I had to stop due to some inflammatory/ autoimmune process that was triggered which attacked my brain and nerves. I have been having...
  7. L

Study: Folinic acid beneficial to 81% of CFS patients...plus biomarker?

Dannybex, I recall that you, like myself, was having some neuropathy issues likely autoimmune and or inflammation related after going on a methylation protocol. How did you resolve this? Methylation supps helped me very much, but I am scared to go back on. Ever since that episode, I have...
  8. L

Research: blockade of TNF can trigger the onset of MS

http://www.jci.org/articles/view/45262 Can TNF-α boost regulatory T cells? Angelina M. Bilate and Juan J. Lafaille Molecular Pathogenesis Program, Kimmel Center for Biology and Medicine at the Skirball Institute, Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York...
  9. L

Research: blockade of TNF can trigger the onset of MS

Is this why bosweillia and paradoxically fish oil worsens my inflammatory neuropathy??! Any suggestions? My body is literally eating every nerve I have and it feels terrible. Methylation treatment and zinc started teh cascade two years ago.... How do I raise TNF-a? I think mine was really low...
  10. L

Xeno/estrogens link to CFS/Fibromyalgia - Success!!

Hi Gestalt. That is amazing! Glad you had success. Can I tell if I need these supps from my plasma estrogen(s) test? I have double comt downregulation, but my plasma estrogens seemed OK. Is this still worth giving a shot?
  11. L

Reduce Glutamate synthesis?

I have a high glutamate/Glutamine ratio on urine AA. Anyone know how to shift this more towards the glutamine side?
  12. L

Where are we on understanding and treating ME/CFS today?

Rich, Thank you for your reply. This is actually what I suspected! I seem to get worse on other TH1 stimulants (Zinc, Vit E). The problem is, when I take TH2 stimulants to balance this TH1 dominance out, I get sick ( Tonsils hurt). I got a tonsilectomy, so I will be trying the immune...
  13. L

Where are we on understanding and treating ME/CFS today?

Hi Rich, Thanks for your excellent (As always) and encouraging thoughts! Just another thing to add to your initial post (sorry, did not read through the thread). Another issue people face with opening back up the methylation cycle is increased inflammation. In some with autoimmune...
  14. L

Hair Mineral Testing

Hi dog person, thanks for all your assistance. Please see attatched my hair test. I do eat sugar, and I did do some heavy metal chelation with DMSA prior to the hair test, although I tried to take from the hair tips and not the roots. I have a MTHFR defect, and I do better on 5-mthf...
  15. L

B2 I love you!

Would active b vitatmins (MB12 and 5mthf) also deplete riboflavin? Any reason why the would cause increased inflammation/neuropathy? Can B6 independant neuropathy indicate some kind of riboflavin issue?
  16. L

POTASSIUM SUPPLEMENTS made me ill

therron, can you detail your approach a bit more? I also have similiar mutations, just with a CBS.
  17. L

Neuropathy and severe inflammation from Methylation Supplements (ATN Dannybex&others)

I want to make this thread for us to discuss our experiences, trials, etc with methylation supplements along with our symptomology, labwork etc. Hopefully we can find some common denominators and figure what is going on. Going to bed, but tommorow I will post my experience to get things...
  18. L

Dimethy fumarate and other Nrf2 inducers; HUGE potential as antioxidative agents.

Hi Freddd, Thanks for your response and hope you are well. My Symptoms of inflammation were terrible brain fog, neuropathy (parasthesia and fasiculations), fatigue word recall etc. I now get episodes of this intermittantly. Supps: 1. Magnesium citrate 400 mg 2. MB12 : Entire tablet 5 start...
  19. L

Dimethy fumarate and other Nrf2 inducers; HUGE potential as antioxidative agents.

Fredd, is it possible that some react with too much inflammation to active b vitamins because of the Folate:B12 ratio that they take? I still have not been able to restart the protocol because I am chasing down the source of my inflammation.
  20. L

Dear Rich, Can you please take a look at my Urine AA?

Hi Rich. Thank you so much for your assistance. I'm very hopefull that we might have solved another piece of the puzzle. Currently trying to convince my doctor to order those tests. I will continue to update. Lamp
  21. L

Wow... that would be great! Thank you for putting in the time to help me and even looking back at old posts! I really appreciate this. Regarding the B6, It was a pfiefer combination B6 and P5P, thought I also took some B6 by itself around the same time. The Serum levels just say, VITAMIN B6...
  22. L

Also attatched here is 9 pages of standard allopathic comprehensive labwork if needed. By the way, also have genetic COMT upregulation, homozygous.
  23. L

Nielk- uhhh ye...Come on bro.. this is SRS BUSINESS :) Rich- Recent Alkaline Phosphatase levels were 56 on a scale of 39-117 U/L Thanks
  24. L

Hi Rich. Thanks so for your reply. My diet was quite similiar when I took the UAA, maybe slightly less meat and cleaner. My UAA supplement regime included more magnesium and vitamin C recently. My health was also slightly worse around the UAA, more infflammation, fatigue etc. Adrenals may...
  25. L

Hi Rich. Hope you are doing well. Attatched is my new Urine AA 24, and kinda old organic acid for good measure. All I can tell from my vantage point is that my CBS SNP is pretty much confirmed as active, evidenced by the high Cystine, Taurine and Ammonia. I really loath the thought of...
  26. L

Slow methylator? Methyl B12 intolerance?

Thanks Rich. I did mean NADH. It was not worth it, but it did give me hope that I can feel better if I Just sort out some things first.
  27. L

Slow methylator? Methyl B12 intolerance?

Thank you Rich. I did mean NADH. Yes it was not worth it, but it did give me hope that I can feel better... I just have to sort out some things first.