• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

News announces ME is a mental illness: Please ask for retraction

Right on Justin, Thank you for your solidarity. Here is the correction they made online only, in the Ottawa Citizen and Montreal Gazette, no paper correction,. Still the exact same article mentioning CFS but changed : "Here's how those mental health claims broke down:" to: "The breakdown of...
  2. B

Indeed it mentions Sun Life as well as 3 other companies: "All told, the government has four separate plans covering nearly 352,500 employees — a long term disability plan managed by Sun Life for unionized public servants and another run by Industrial Alliance for executives, judges, MPs...
  3. B

Kathryn May, the author of the "article" just answered me: "I am on holidays but have alerted editors about the error. With the long weekend, I don't know if anyone will be around to attend to it before Tuesday. I am curious, however, whether this error was in the paper or web version of the...
  4. B

I hear you. We get serious beaten by these guys. In retrospect, it would be in their interest for people to be diagnosed early so they can get well completely and go back to work early. It's not by plotting with the APA that a cure will see the light of day. The illness is recognized, they have...
  5. B

I gathered the emails of the various editors and publishers of the Postmedia/CanWest/Canada.com conglomerate. They do ask that we fully identify ourselves, but I sent it anyway. bmckenzie@timescolonist.com dobee@timescolonist.com pjang@timescolonist.com hmunro@vancouversun.com...
  6. B

Please "like" and react on the Ottawa Citizen's Facebook page on the right see "May Twelfth" and also on the left further down, the article is posted (look for the bald guy holding his head). https://www.facebook.com/TheOttawaCitizen
  7. B

Mental Health is THE hot topic right now and there is also a plan to crush the public services in Canada. How can we take this opportunity to talk about ME ? Suggestions?
  8. B

The bad news has spread all over. I found it in 11 main news papers. I don't know about radio or TV and couldn't find signs of it in French. Just in times before everyone is in vacation. Like I said, since it is coming from a news agency, Postmedia News, the exact same release by Cathryne May is...
  9. B

Thank you Kina. Now I realize how much smarter this is. All volunteers welcome to write an editorial piece. I have no more juice to pull this through...and it would be weird to write an editorial at the same time as I just sent a complaint.
  10. B

This is sad, the new does not seem to be written by one of the paper's journalist, but rather by a writer from the Postmedia News agency, so this means that the same news is being spread all over Canada and beyond. If any of you give have advice on what to do. A shout out to ME Agenda who sent...
  11. B

Of course not. But Psychiatrists still try to pass it as such.
  12. B

Please contact the editor in chief and the news agency's writer to complain along with us, at gnott@ottawacitizen.com, rtran@postmedia.com I sent the following email: Dear Mr Gnott and Ms May, Either Kathryne May or her source is grossly out of line in today's article titled "Mental illness...
  13. B

It seems to come from a federal spokesperson and fed psychiatric public service statistics.
  14. B

The Ottawa Citizen (Canadian nation's capital main news paper) published a big article clearly listing CFS as a mental illness. Am not totally sure if the problem comes from the journalist or from the Canadian feds. "... 5.9 per cent include acute stress reaction, chronic fatigue syndrome...
  15. B

Time for the Big Talk. How's the CAA doing?

Hi George, Sorry to say it is not so. Jolicoeur 's study is unilaterally ruling out XMRV after two large cohorts, and is still recruiting. He found only 1 positive out of the first 70. He is against the blood ban. Quebec's new guidelines are pro-psychiatric, sadly... We all got fooled...
  16. B

New Joliceur Canadian XMRV Study

The Dr Jolicoeur study is aimed to deny the XMRV theory. On the first cohort, only 1 out of 70 ME/CFS patients were tested positive for XMRV. There was a second large cohort, we don't know the general results, but I suffer textbook since early childhood and was tested negative. He positioned...