• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. toddm1960

POTS and Sleep Disturbances

I have alpha wave intrustion, 16 times per hour I have alpha waves breaking into my delta wave sleep. For me it has lead to less REM sleep. I'd continue to push for a sleep study.
  2. toddm1960

blood pressure increase as well as heart rate?

I'm also othrostatic hypertensive, the longer I stand, the higher my BP raises. You'll find equal numbers of POTIES with high bp, low bp and no change in bp.
  3. toddm1960

Poll: Has raising the head of your bed helped your OI/POTS/NHM?

If I lay on a flat surface, either a bed or couch, I feel like my throat is closing off. Raising the head of my bed 6" has been a life saver, it helps with both my reflux and throat. Does anyone else have these throat issues when laying flat?
  4. toddm1960

Misinformation in CFS Wikipedia article

I can't believe people use wiki for information?!?! If you think this is the only totaly false information there I have a bridge to sell you. If you site wiki as a source for any information on a reseach paper you'll be laughed out onto the street. Stop getting on the site and giving them any...
  5. toddm1960

Low dose beta blocker for P.O.T.S. is WORKING

I'm very surprised at the number of people that haven't pushed for mitochondrial testing, once I had my POTS diagnosis it was the next thing on my list to rule out. I went to MDA.org, found the closest MDA Clinic to me and made an appointment with one of the geneticist there. After going over...
  6. toddm1960

So how many of you were taking timolol?
  7. toddm1960

Dan peterson starting own foundation

Go ahead and change the name now, it's WMI......if they can find the blinded samples, peterson will go down in history as one more doctor that stood in the way of a new scientific discovery. I really don't feel good he's supplying samples for the Lipkin study.
  8. toddm1960

Anyone that thinks they may have a mitochondrial connetion to their POTS needs to be very careful with beta blockers. The reason you're getting drop to the floor exhaustion is BB have the same affect on CoQ-10 that statins do. They reduce the amount that's available for our mitochondia to use...
  9. toddm1960

POTS called 'Grinch Heart' syndrome

Sorry I didn't catch that his name wasn't listed in that article above, it's bennie lavine from Texas......errrrrr.....Whoville. LOL It's so scary to see articles with so much misinformation like this one. Here is a link to his latest study, if you can call 18 people a study...
  10. toddm1960

Lipkin presenting at WPI

Great links Jemal, I wasn't fond of Lipkin after some remarks came out a while ago this only adds fuel to the fire. In these corporate states of america the NCI doesn't work for the people, it's all about money. The lawsuits could run into the trillions.....oh I forgot they are trying to take...
  11. toddm1960

POTS called 'Grinch Heart' syndrome

I'm just going to copy and paste my post from another forum: You have to do alittle digging on this guy, he started recruiting patients for his study(s) back in 2005. His last two published results have cohorts of 28 and 18 patients, after thousands and thousands of people trying his program...
  12. toddm1960

BMJ b/s painting PWME as threatening psych patients

Rest assured he will pay a price one day, there's a special place in hell for mr. simon wessely
  13. toddm1960

Lipkin presenting at WPI

I think he's visiting WPI because in the early returns they have nailed the blinded samples. Why would he visit if they couldn't repeat their original results?
  14. toddm1960

Film about most effective cancer treatment ever discovered/NCI/FDA coverup.

I'd also want to know who posted that on wiki? Using wiki to support any arguement is iffy at best, any member in the world can update it. On any internet search I no longer even open wiki.
  15. toddm1960

Big Mistake, Conspiracy, or Nothing Unusual?

If anyone has any high profile media or celeb connections it would be nice to forward them this video link. I can't believe even with the limited media coverage it has gotten that the story didn't blow up more. Guess that's what happens when the governement wants to cover things up.
  16. toddm1960

We're watching first hand government agencies kill retrovirus research for the second time in 20 years, nothing new. I'd love to see Hillary do a documentary starting where Osler's begains upto the the present day XMRV government coverup.
  17. toddm1960

Money makes the world go round.......people are crushed everyday and will continue to be in these corporate states of america.
  18. toddm1960

XMRV symposium June 9

A huge standing ovation from the forum for OS and ikke...:Sign Thanks: 10 positive studies would sure make the next year much easier on those fighting the good fight. Again thank you very much...........now go rest :thumbs up:
  19. toddm1960

New post from Dr. Deckoff Jones, talks about Knox/Peterson

Sam no one has tried to exactly reproduce their process, THEY NEED A SHOT! As far as toning down, really?.....sitting back has gotten us great results. Tone it down? Really? We need a fighter, we need to stand up and be heard. This is my life being tossed out, I for one love her standing...
  20. toddm1960

Statins for CFS?

A new FDA warning on statins, I wonder if the first announcement had anything to do with this one: http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=16317
  21. toddm1960

Learning from Previous Scientific Controversies

"good science" would dictate two sides are allowed to publish their work, both sides airing differing ideas. That's not what is happening, one side is allowed to go public, the other is silenced and branded as wrong. How is this "good science"?
  22. toddm1960

Comparative Tables of "replication" studies

No one repeats the proven methods from a new lab, only negitive studies are published. The original scientist isn't allowed to publish any studies further proving their work. Funding is cut to the new lab and research dies on the vine. Too bad I wasn't talking about Judy and WPI, this...
  23. toddm1960

Recombinant Origin of the Retrovirus XMRV (2nd Science article)

You said a &%#@! mouthfull Floyd.............lol.............i agree 100 &%$@# percent
  24. toddm1960

Reagent Contamination Study

Sure would make governments want to cover up any retrovires that are found huh...........
  25. toddm1960

Statins for CFS?

Any of us with known mitochondrial disease or any that suspect it should take extrem care with statins. Most mitochondrial disease patients are already have very low levels of CoQ-10 and taking statins reduces those levels with devastating effect. I took a statins for high cholesterol back in...
  26. toddm1960

New WPI and CDC XMRV sequences in genbank

That's good to hear, I was afraid she knew of more piling on of contamination studies. As long as it's nothing more than he's said to this point.......it's good news.
  27. toddm1960

New WPI and CDC XMRV sequences in genbank

p.s. earlier in the session Dr Mikovits said that Dr Coffin would be publishing a paper shortly that would shed light on the origins of XMRV (or something like that I'm pretty wobbly today) ukxmrv did Judy have that knowing look her on face meaning coffin now has proff it's not all...
  28. toddm1960

XMRV abstracts from 15th International Conference on Human Retroviruses

My we are a sarcasic bunch aren't we.....:cheeky grin: It's feels good to get some good news.:victory:
  29. toddm1960

XMRV abstracts from 15th International Conference on Human Retroviruses

XMRV has been dead for a awhile now, why is there even a tread about it?
  30. toddm1960

Supposed new possible treatment

This guy is beyond a joke............NICE strips Dr. Myhill of her license, but we call this guy a doctor......OYE The world is truly upsidedown.