• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Magnesium cofactors??

Does calcum aid in the absorption of magnesium?A good way to have calcium is also eggshell calcium.
  2. J

Magnesium cofactors??

Thanks for answering.I will try with the selenium and report back.
  3. J

Potassium causing stomach pain

Thank you ,after doing 3 doses of l-glutamine , pain has subsided and is much less intense.I will report back in two weeks.
  4. J

Thanks for answering.I already have a box now foods l-glutamine powder.Do you know how much to take and when?
  5. J

What kind of Magnesium best

Hey do you have any experience on this?How much should I wait between each dosage?I tried chellated magnesium from solgar , it seemed to work in start but then it caused me diarhhea.I was taking 400mg(4 tablets) every few hours. How do you know the intestines cant absorb more than 100 mg at a time?
  6. J

Magnesium cofactors??

Ok so I see.How much magnesium were you taking per day? Also a bit off topic question but you may know the answer.Is it true that you should split your magnesium doses to 100 mg max each time because you cant absorb more than that?(lets say wait 90 minutes between each tablet)
  7. J

I dont know if anyone has experienced this but this is what I did.I took potassium chloride , put it in capsules and swallowed four of them thinking it was a good way to supplement potassium.I soon got a stomach pain and now I have it for 6 days.It comes and goes and it certainly is weaker and...
  8. J

Magnesium cofactors??

I have tried p5p and b6.As for zinc It has caused me huge problems which now I am trying to resolve.I think b6 is an important cofactor but not the one I am missing.
  9. J

Magnesium cofactors??

I rarely drink milk anymore.What I want is to fix my deficiency and stop taking supplements.I dont want to be on suplements forever.
  10. J

Magnesium cofactors??

I read what you posted.So what happened in the end?Did it solve your problem?I just took 400 mcg of selenium , waited sometime and then took magnesium but nothing happened.Also took somemanganese before the magnesium and nothing happened.
  11. J

Magnesium cofactors??

I know I have a magnesium deficiency that didnt respond to supplements untill I megadosed.Then I got an overall improvement on my symptoms but then I crashed and magnesium stopped working for me.I think I have depleted some cofactor of magnesium.I have tried boron,b6 and p5p and they dont seeem...
  12. J

Does vitamin b12 deficiency cause other mineral and vitamin deficiencies?

I cant get my magnesium and other mineral levels up.As the title says , could it be possibly that a vitamin b12 deficiency does not allow those minerals to be restored?
  13. J

Severe vitamin b12 deficiency.Cant get my b12 levels up please help!!!

I bought potassium chloride(nosalt) from the store to use it as a potassium supplement.Is it good?Are you taking b12 now?
  14. J

I am not exactly sure that vitamin b12 caused the potassium to go low.I was taking vitamin b2(400 mg a day) at the same time so I think that has something to do with it. I am sure that I have vitamin b12 deficiency.When I took it first time I felt better immediatly and small lunulae appeared...
  15. J

Does folate deplete vitamin b12?

Hello , thanks for your advice but there are no doctors like this in my country.When I went to a doctor he told me that this is all in my head.Also at the hospital they thought I was crazy when I told them about the potassium. Is it possible that I can find a doctor who specifies on these...
  16. J

Hello , thanks for answering. Unfortunatelly I cant find adenosylb12 where I live and if I ordered it online , it would take a long time to arrive. My lower back is stiff(like I have trained) , and after what happened I am afraid to supplement with vitamin b12 again. Will taking niacin with...
  17. J

update: Yesterday at night I think I had a panic attack.My hands became numb and so did my face.To the point my speech was impaired.I was rushed to the hospital because we did not know what it was.I felt like my old self within an hour.Doctors took blood tests and found: Na: 138 normal...
  18. J

Does folate deplete vitamin b12?

Hello , after large doses of zinc for a long time(very stupid) I have developed many problems. I made another post on ''general treatment'' see link http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/severe-vitamin-b12-deficiency-cant-get-my-b12-levels-up-please-help.56337/ But I thought I...
  19. J

How much potassium do I need ?Would eating like 6 bananas per day fix my potassium and allow vitamin b12 to be absorbed?
  20. J

yes but when I took b12(methylcobalamin) everything seemed fine.I dont think I need adenosylB12.For some reason my b12 cant go up.Maybe I causes copper defciency from supplementing with folate?Also my zinc levels appear to be extremely low.Took the zinc cant taste anything.I think something is...
  21. J

It all started around 2 years ago when I was taking megadoses of zinc(like 200 mg a day for a lot of time).Im 19 years old and I didnt have any problems untill then.This zinc megadosing completely killed my libido and made me very depresed , unmotivated and lethargic.I have also developed a...