• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

RA Anyone?

yes, I'm on meds, the first one I didn't find good, I couldn't take it after three days, no major symptoms though, so it got changed to another DMARD, and it's not too bad so far...early days yet though... I'm also due to start on another DMARD along with the other one, I am nervous about...
  2. K

RA Anyone?

Hi Cindi, How do I handle it? Not that well really, its just been my norm though, dealing with health problems and not really finding any answers too quickly..so the only option I had was to just carry on the best I could. I think a person gets used to the fatigue, the pains etc...and when it's...
  3. K

RA Anyone?

Hi Shoshana Thanks for your reply and interest. I had symptoms of really bad pain and stiffness in feet ,toes ,top of foot and foot pads on both feet, which added to the problems I had with walking due to muscle pain and stiffness and balance issues and fatigue. I also had wrist pain ,hand...
  4. K

RA Anyone?

Hi all Long term diagnosis of cfs/me. Diagnosed in 1992. I posted a while back about my symptom change ,from 2009 to present. New symptoms with the usual fatigue problems or some times lack of fatigue problems were- Brain fog/mental fatigue/concentration/memory/recall/learning tasks Speech...
  5. K

ESA Appeal Confusion

:) Thank You andyguitar
  6. K

ESA Appeal Confusion

Hi all, So iv'e attended my appeal,sort off. My appeal is for how i'm affected by CFS/ME. But it seems there was some problem with the date the DWP had in the papers, for a past diagnosis of cancer, a previous ESA claim, so it ended up being adjourned so they can get the actual date i had that...
  7. K

PEM/Muscle Fatigue/Malaise

Thank you wishful for your reply.I think the point you made about the muscle pain is interesting and my increase in it and the heaviness and stiffness when i increase my activity just points to it being PEM,it does get better after rest,which also proves the point. I don't do well with...
  8. K

Thanks runner5 for your input. But thinking through my brainfog PEM IS Mailaise-soo pretty stupid question from me to begin with. I just wanted some clarification on symptoms iv'e had since a major relapse back in 2009,where it seems things changed for the worse.I went on to relapse through 2011...
  9. K

Hi from new member,again Confusion is often my close friend,because of the level of mental fatigue i get so please don't take anything i type here the wrong way. Iv.e had cfs/me for a number of years,the first 17 or so years were mainly high levels of fatigue,like the malaise type,on most...