• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Anyone with diagnosed/suspected Mast cell activation had 23andme (or another genetic test) done ?

Interesting. I highly suspect that I have MCAS, and I have the same genetic pattern that Kyla (OP) describes. I have rs12340895(G;G), rs10974944(G;G), rs3780374(A;A) and rs10815149(C;C), but not rs77375493. For what it's worth... Nanina
  2. N

Meat/Protein Issues

Hi Tigger. I have similar issues - any protein from an animal source gives me a day of extremely low mood, sadness and bouts of crying (which is not usually how I roll). I've had that with eggs and dairy for about a year, and newly have it with any meat as well. Did you find anything that helps?
  3. N

Food eats emotions?

Hello everyone, I'm having a bit of an odd problem, and I hope you can help with some insights. I'm not exactly new in the world of intolerances and allergies, in fact I've had the former for 10 years and the latter for all my life (I'm 36 now). What's new ("new" being a year now) is the...