• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Cipher

Doctors in Barcelona, Spain?

Dysautonomia International's website might be helpful.
  2. Cipher

NORD and #RareDiseaseDay on Feb. 29, 2024 #ShowYourStripes

It might be even more common according to the latest numbers from the CDC (1 in 77): https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db488.htm
  3. Cipher

Vitamin B5 an effective treatment for ME/CFS emotional or stress sensitivity

Thank you for sharing @Hip! Happy to hear that that you found something that helped you with this, that sounded really unpleasant indeed!
  4. Cipher

App or Website to Track Experimentation

I haven't tried it, but perhaps the Bearable app could be helpful?
  5. Cipher

(POLL) Which of the following viral/bacterial infection tests have you had?

@Hip's roadmap contains a lot of good information on this. If you have any more questions, then starting a new thread is needed since this is off-topic.
  6. Cipher

ME patient gets better on paxlovid [Reddit] [2023]

Supplemental lactase might solve that?
  7. Cipher

ME patient gets better on paxlovid [Reddit] [2023]

It seems like Paxlovid is very selective to coronaviruses: Source PF-07321332 = Nirmatrelvir Paxlovid = Nirmatrelvir & ritonavir You might find this thread interesting on the topic of long COVID & Paxlovid: Impact of extended-course oral nirmatrelvir/ritonavir (Paxlovid) in established Long...
  8. Cipher

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

I think you can buy it directly on Amazon.de if you want: select United States as shipping destination and then click on "See All Buying Options":
  9. Cipher

Under the header Product Specifications:
  10. Cipher

Dexpanthenol tablets are available in Germany OTC: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Panthenol-100-Jenapharm-Tablets-Pack/dp/B00EXE77NM
  11. Cipher

Instead of ME/CFS, could some have simple schizophrenia? Its symptoms: anhedonia, blunted emotions, brain fog, apathy, social withdrawal

The risk of inducing oxidative stress seems to depend on the intravenous iron dose, with higher doses of certain types of IV iron being problematic. Fortunately not all types of IV iron can generate oxidative stress or inflammation. For example, ferric derisomaltose seems devoid of such effects...
  12. Cipher

Instead of ME/CFS, could some have simple schizophrenia? Its symptoms: anhedonia, blunted emotions, brain fog, apathy, social withdrawal

May I ask why? According to the study above there's chance that it will help against your RLS even though your ferritin is 100 mcg/L.
  13. Cipher

Do you take it transdermally for better absorption? What dose & brand do you use? According to some guidelines, IV iron is only recommended for RLS if ferritin is <100 μg/l. However, there's no substance behind that recommendation other than the fact that IV iron hadn't been tested much at...
  14. Cipher

Interesting, what do you think is the mechanism of action? What's your ferritin now, and have you noticed any improvements of your RLS?
  15. Cipher

Impact of extended-course oral nirmatrelvir/ritonavir (Paxlovid) in established Long COVID: Case series and research considerations (Cohen et al.2023)

Full-text: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10543503/ According to this table, 7 of the 13 patients in the case series experienced short-term improvements from an extended Paxlovid course, while 5 of the 13 patients experienced sustained improvements.
  16. Cipher

Vaccine ELOVL4 mutations

He's known to make stuff up that isn't true: https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-vaccines-80-doctors-idUSL1N33K1EM/
  17. Cipher

video: How PUFA-rich plant oils promise health and kill years later with cancer

Do you have a source for that (specifically regarding canola oil, not just seed/plant oils)?
  18. Cipher

Since akathinsia is very similar to restless legs syndrome, you might find this post interesting. After a quick google search I found this case-report:
  19. Cipher

Iron deficiency was common among psychiatric patients (81%) in this study. 58% of the iron deficient patients experienced regression/remission of psychiatric symptoms after iron treatment.
  20. Cipher

@Hip A family member of mine have had problems with restless legs syndrome (RLS), which is due to a dysregulation of dopamine in the brain. This dysregulation seems to be due to a local iron deficiency in the brain: Notably, this can be the case even though systemic iron stores are considered...
  21. Cipher

Billionaire philanthropist letting you choose which charities get $50 per person

Bummer! Maybe it's in your spam folder? If it doesn't arrive then using another e-mail address, via another device (computer vs phone) might solve it.
  22. Cipher

Billionaire philanthropist letting you choose which charities get $50 per person

@Mary I got an email after 15 minutes or so, and it worked great :thumbsup:
  23. Cipher

The charity administrating this (TisBest) seem legit.
  24. Cipher

I saw this on Reddit, see below. A billionaire philanthropist (Ray Dalio) is giving away 20,000 "TisBest Charity Gift Cards" (at $50 each). Each person gets to choose which US-based charities $50 is donated to. If this is spread far and wide this could generate quite some money for ME/CFS...
  25. Cipher

Staph vaccine to treat CFS??

There's one adsorbed Russian vaccine called СПСА-вакцина® Вакцина стафило-протейно-синегнойная адсорбированная (SPSA-vaccine) that contains Staphylococcal toxoid in addition to other antigens: I don't know if it's available though.
  26. Cipher

Staph vaccine to treat CFS??

It seems like rupharma unfortunately reused the URL, because that's not the staphylococcus toxoid vaccine:
  27. Cipher

Which European Country Treats ME/CFS Sufferers the best?

The last publicly funded ME/CFS clinic (Bragee) is unfortunately shutting down in December, with no replacement. There are few private doctors that treat ME/CFS in Sweden. Getting benefits for ME/CFS is very hard, the Swedish Social Insurance Agency is notorious for denying people with ME/CFS...