• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

What could be causing such a high need for Methylfolate?

What was your course of action? Did you reduce your Folate dose or just continue with the high level of folate intake?
  2. M

Very interesting. It seems that my B-complex contains all the active forms of the B-vitamins however also unfortunately contains inactive forms. This one seems to be better - might give it a try https://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-activated-b-complex-high-bioavailability-60-veg-caps
  3. M

So very interesting development. For the last 2 days I tripled my b-complex by taking 3 per day instead of 1 per day. I didn’t change anything else in the protocol at all (continued on 30mg Folate). I really did feel like I was feeling a lot better especially by the morning of the 2nd day...
  4. M

Interesting. I have also been very careful about making sure I do not take too much B1/B2/B3 etc and have actually reduced my b-complex to a quarter of what I used to take. Seems like there’s a chance that has been the problem. Seems no harm in increasing my B-complex immediately and monitoring...
  5. M

Do you find the ALCAR made a big difference to your folate requirement? In my case I feel like the LCF is the biggest thing that has caused my folate requirement to go so high yet perversely I seem to require it - which seems to be leading to this cycle. Did you find a similar link with ALCAR...
  6. M

I have a similar issue regarding folate requirement and was planning to start a new topic when I read yours. So I will post my situation here and perhaps someone will be able to help both of us. Hopefully you don’t think I am hijacking your thread. Overall I have made great progress following...
  7. M

Transdermal B12 oils

Hello - I would just like to post an update after 2 weeks of trying the transdermal B12 oils. I think the results have been superb and it has made it significantly easier and more effective to get the high level of absorbed B12 that I seem to need. I was previously having to have sublinguals in...
  8. M

Transdermal B12 oils

Thanks very much Alice for your helpful reply :) I am looking forward to receiving the oils shortly and giving them a go. Will report back in case the info can help anyone else.
  9. M

Transdermal B12 oils

Very appreciative of all the info in this thread. Just had 2 questions that I was hoping to get the answer to: 1. Do the B12 oils need to be refrigerated? I have read that mb12/adB12 deteriorate if not refrigerated or they are exposed to light... not sure if that applies to these oils or not 2...