• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

HELP- how long will this relapse/crash last? can I go back to baseline or hopeless?post-EBV CFS-

Hello everyone! Background: I have CFS for 9 years - after a mono-infection - and the first few years I was a 30 on the Bell scale and since 5 years, like a 40-45 - so I could study 3h a day (complex formulas) at my desk and walked ca. 5000-6000 steps throughout the day on average, the rest of...
  2. T

Moving to Brazil: Dengue, Chikunguya etc.

Did you ever contract Dengue or Chikunguya?
  3. T

what about Sao Paulo? What about Dengue ? Is it as endemic as advertised online? Would dengue be more serious with Post mono CFS?
  4. T

Heey. Sao Paulo, but might have to take frequent trips to Manaus and Recife area. Thing is I m not vaccined against yellow fever and read that it could make CFS worse. My post Mono CFS is managable at the moment and dont want to get a severe case, so is there actually a big yellow fever threat?
  5. T

Hey everyone, I might be moving with my family to Brazil for the next 5-10 years, possibly. I have mild post infectious Fatigue, from Mono i contracted 4 years ago (at age 18), which is manageably luckily. My question is whether anyone here lives in Brazil or knows about the Dengue,Chikunguya...
  6. T

CFS and bone mineral density?

Is there a causal link between CFS and decreased bone mineral density? I mean surely there is selection bias because many that have CFS are female and near menopausal age and thus have reduced BMD either way? Arugemtns against lowerin BMD would be lower cortisol, some lower cytokines... Any...