• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Interesting VDR Variations

Hi everyone, I posted this as a separate thread, but will add it in here as I can see this is where those with the knowledge about VDR issues have been... I have been looking at my daughter's VDR results and would love some help with interpreting them. She has rs1544410 - VDR Bsm TT on the...
  2. F

VDR help please

Hi Sushi, thank you for your reply. I had just been reading about the problem with the VDR results on Dr Yasko's list. It is one of the reasons I am asking for some help here. Seems to be some people who know and understand a lot more than I do right now. :)
  3. F

VDR help please

Hi everyone, I have been looking at my daughter's VDR results and would love some help with interpreting them. She has rs1544410 - VDR Bsm TT on the positive strand, so AA. rs731236 - VDR Taq GG on the positive strand, so CC These are two of the three from the Yasko page on SNPedia. The third...
  4. F

Help please!

Thank You all for you replies. @sregan - she is 11. We've been trialling a few things over the last couple of months. With varying levels of change. After looking at the MTR and MTRR info I have changed it up again recently. She is only taking Hydroxy B12 at the moment, and is doing a lot...
  5. F

Help please!

Hi @Diwi9. Thanks for the MCAS suggestion. I am wondering about things like that. What I have found, is her usual spring time allergies have not been as severe this year, perhaps due to helping out her methylation. I don't know how people here feel about the under and over methylator tags. But...
  6. F

Help please!

Back again after doing some more reading and thinking.... would I be right in thinking that B12 is something we need to add back in, considering she has both MTR and MTRR SNPs? Thank You @Countrygirl. It really would be wonderful to see her feeling back to her old self, or closer to it!
  7. F

Help please!

Hi! First post here, and would really appreciate some guidance in helping my daughter. Will try and keep the history brief! Long term history of food, animal and pollen allergies. The last three to four years has been a constant struggle for her health wise, catching every virus she...