• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. SaveMe

Do you tell people you are sick?

just say you have HIV... they will understand :)
  2. SaveMe

Sound Sensitivity Causing Panic Attacks

misophonia occurs in healthy individuals, and does not accurately describe the ME/CFS "sensitivity" to noise. Misophonia, literally hatred of sound People who have misophonia are most commonly annoyed, or even enraged, by the sound of other people eating, breathing, coughing, or other ordinary...
  3. SaveMe

what is the best description of your me/cfs?

Mya so wouldnt you fall under option #1 titled "on & off, relapse-remit, comes and goes" im confused?
  4. SaveMe

also, feel free to list a possible trigger(s).
  5. SaveMe

Have you been exposed to alot of radiation ?

Prior to ME/CFS, I had chronic nausea and visited many doctors, specifically gastroenterologists. Ive had many CT scans, xrays, HIDA scans, even radioactive material injected in my blood! I've had way more radiation exposure than the general population.
  6. SaveMe

Chronic fatigue rare but serious in teens

"A new survey of Dutch doctors and their patients suggests that chronic fatigue syndrome affects only about 1 in 900 teenagers " my chance of developing CFS was .0011%. fuck my life.
  7. SaveMe

WHY?

must we suffer so much ?
  8. SaveMe

Digestive Enzymes....

francelle, did u have weight loss or weight gain from your ME?
  9. SaveMe

Attention Deficit Disorder- ADD

some world class neurologist he is. im trying to persuade these bastard neurologists here for an F-mri, but its so damn hard. my eeg suggested a decrease in cerebral blood flow. anti-GQb1 antibody test?? almost all people with GBS have circulating antibodies to GQb1 ganglioside. do you have...
  10. SaveMe

Sound Sensitivity Causing Panic Attacks

the birds outside keep twirping, damn it i want to kill them
  11. SaveMe

I think we hit the lottery!!

This message is in response to a letter I personally wrote. Because the clinic is open to the world!! But maybe he mistaken me for a local. Lastly, I prefer to remain anonymous. I never met somebody as keen as you, looks like someone doesnt have brain fog!! :)
  12. SaveMe

are you male or female?

Merry, the member must have been drunk or something. I am surprised, no SHOCKED, to see a 50/50 split. Ladies, where the heck are you when you are needed??
  13. SaveMe

ME/CFS Doctor List

Benjamin Natelson but how could u forget the Queen of CFS....Klimas?
  14. SaveMe

My EEG results

lol, yes! :)
  15. SaveMe

oh, and all this time, i thought he was writing specifically to me. grr
  16. SaveMe

17. SaveMe

no its open to the world!!
  18. SaveMe

My EEG results

"this eeg was performed on a 17 channel machine.the waking background consisted of alpha wave activity in the range of 8.5 Hz! the mean in a normal, healthy population is 10.2 hz. im only 20, I guarantee my friends have freqs in the 14-15 range. What this basically means is that my brain is...
  19. SaveMe

foul smelling stools

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?11209-I-think-we-hit-the-lottery!!&p=173602#post173602
  20. SaveMe

Dear K****: Thank you for your email of April 2, 2011, inquiring into the clinic for complex chronic diseases. I have been asked to respond to you on behalf of the Honourable Michael de Jong, Minister of Health. As you are aware, the Ministry of Health asked the Provincial Health Services...
  21. SaveMe

foul smelling stools

anybody got 'em? :cheeky grin:
  22. SaveMe

Poll: Changes to smell and taste?

my smell has improved from cfs!! i can pick up scents from a mile away :) however ive noticed im more sensitives to smells, to the point of feeling nauseous. weird, eh?
  23. SaveMe

what country do you live in poll

yes and if the WHO and governments dont collaborate and find new methods of depopulation, we will have a scarce supply of resources.
  24. SaveMe

what country do you live in poll

does the "other" correspond to living on the moon? nvm u provided aussi but left out n.z
  25. SaveMe

chronic throat clearing?

thanks 5150 anything is worth a shot with me. caledonia-- damn good thinking! i should see an allergist....my viscous saliva sometimes happens after i eat spicy foods or hot sauce, other times unpredictable.
  26. SaveMe

did you visit doctors offices often prior to your me/cfs ?

FYI: this question is not intended to discredit anyones illness. I just happened to fit this criteria myself.
  27. SaveMe

are you male or female?

i feel the data here is skewed. please people, answer honestly. THIS IS MADNESS! :)
  28. SaveMe

chronic throat clearing?

is this a good one http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=BB-1408 wow, how did you come across this rare finding, osha?
  29. SaveMe

did you visit doctors offices often prior to your me/cfs ?

doctors offices, hospitals, health care facilities. Prior to my ME/CFS, I had chronic nausea and visited many doctors.