• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Yin Chiao?

Thanks that's pretty much what I thought. I wasn't looking for long-term use but just something to shock my system out of the symptoms when they're bad, and especially the long covid symptoms I'm experiencing. They're similar to CFS but different enough that I can tell the difference
  2. P

Yin Chiao?

Does any have experience with this TCM remedy? My acupuncturist used to give it to me for a virus or flu but I'm wondering if it is useful for CFS. Or more specifically, for the long covid symptoms I now have. They're somewhat like cfs, but subtly different... too subtle for a doctor to...
  3. P

new furniture outgassing

Thank you all!!!
  4. P

new furniture outgassing

I just got a new chair & the smell hit me really bad. Any tips on how to speed the outgassing & also on supplements or natural remedies I can take to feel better? Thanks. I'm trying high doses of vit C but don't know if that's any help.
  5. P

anemia & cfs

Thanks again!
  6. P

anemia & cfs

Thanks Tammy, no I haven't. I'll check it out.
  7. P

anemia & cfs

thanks everyone. i just started iron supplements but the gi problems of cfs make it difficult.
  8. P

anemia & cfs

Is there any connection between anemia and cfs? thanks.
  9. P

How to treat osteoporosis when you can't exercise?

I'm dictating so this may be somewhat erratic. I do strength training with no adverse effects on the CFS. The nature of strength training of course is that you alternate movement with brief rest periods. If free weights don't appeal to you, you might also consider resistance bands. Also have...
  10. P

Blood volume

Some people have orthostatic intolerance - when we need more blood pressure as with exercise, we get less. It's a neurological/cardiac problem. More fluid increases our blood pressure.
  11. P

is there any evidence ?

Years ago I read something to that effect, but have not heard anything since. I don't really know how anyone could make that claim since no one even knows what CFS, is or the cause or what is going on inside our bodies. I would just do whatever you think best, not overdo it, but create the best...