• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

From hypo- to hyperthyroid on the protocol? (agitation, nervousness, rapid heart beat etc.)

I always thought that taking loads of potassium could be dangerous. Isn't that why it is generally sold in 99 mg tablets? Am I missing something?
  2. F

Very Sensitive to Mitochondrial Supplements. Why?

One more: I like this doctor as a resource for theory about energy dysfunction. Here is her post on the methylation cycle--a good overview: http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/CFS_-_The_Methylation_Cycle Also, she just wrote a book about mitochondrial disfunction. Of all the CFS docs, she is the...
  3. F

Second thought. Was your energy normal before this all began? I trace my illness back to a couple of major "flu" episodes in my 30's. Based upon response to treatment, and some blood work showing past infections, I am, after 30 years of slowly declining health & energy, actually recovering...
  4. F

I have recently started taking mega doses of 4 different B12's & am getting energy from that. I wasn't able to tolerate methylfolate until I'd built up my B12 for a couple of weeks, but now methylfolate also seems to help. I've been told that methylfolate needs B12 to do it's work. Do you eat...