• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. JD_Lucas

Stories for Help & Hope (Video Series)

Hey there, For anyone dropping by this quiet corner of the forum I'd like to share this set of video lectures. They've helped me hugely to give my life and illness some perspective as well as offering some hope. I don't belong to a Religion but I am interested and engaged in Spiritual...
  2. JD_Lucas

United States: better treatment outcomes?

Just bumping this one backup, as I despair about the poor quality of care for ME in the UK. However, I'm still wondering; is the US any better?
  3. JD_Lucas

Please can TeamPR help child threatened with 'intensive inpatient treatment' for failing to recover

I can design a title page to make the information pack look as professional as possible (see attached example). Is this a good idea? If so, I can work on it now. Also, I presume the information will be collated into a Word document, can someone confirm this? Thanks
  4. JD_Lucas

Infographics archive?

Hi @gabriella17! Yep, I would eventually like to broaden the scope and experiment with ideas other than hard data and numbers. Currently trying to find the right balance so I don't make myself sick - my mind races away with ideas but the body can't keep up. I'll keep you in mind as I develop the...
  5. JD_Lucas

Infographics archive?

Thanks for sharing....You've been a fantastic help with all this @Joh!
  6. JD_Lucas

Infographics archive?

Thanks! Have you got a link to the reanalysis?
  7. JD_Lucas

Please can TeamPR help child threatened with 'intensive inpatient treatment' for failing to recover

I'm happy to help for this urgent case, as well as contributing towards a general information pack on a continual basis. If someone can distill the studies of the physiological evidence of the illness into key points, then I can adapt them into infographics.
  8. JD_Lucas

If still needed, I can offer my graphic design skills. If there's a study or data that needs to be presented in a clear and concise manner, then I can create a graphic like the examples attached below. Over the past month I've tentatively started a project to create easy-to-understand...
  9. JD_Lucas

Infographics archive?

Unfortunately I need to attend to a couple of issues which mean I can't focus on this project at the moment. However, if anyone is a graphic designer comfortable with vector graphics you're welcome to join in. If you're willing to help I can send the templates I've designed so far (see image...
  10. JD_Lucas

United States: better treatment outcomes?

Prescription medicine, powerful drug treatment and exploratory techniques seem to be more prevalent in the US. As healthcare seems to be more innovative in the US, does this result in better outcomes and quality of life for people with M.E. compared to other countries? I realise it's...
  11. JD_Lucas

ME Infographics - New Image Uploaded

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1880538211960601&id=1874718185875937
  12. JD_Lucas

Infographics archive?

Would anyone like to help manage the ME infographics Twitter and Facebook accounts, as well as posting updates to forums? I’d rather put my limited energy solely towards designing. If you’re interested let me know - it can be a group project so there can be more than 2 of us.
  13. JD_Lucas

OMF: All donations tripled until November 28th.

https://www.facebook.com/1874718185875937/photos/a.1874720889209000.1073741829.1874718185875937/1880178058663283/?type=3&theater
  14. JD_Lucas

https://www.facebook.com/1874718185875937/photos/a.1874720889209000.1073741829.1874718185875937/1880178058663283/?type=3
  15. JD_Lucas

Bedside Chats with Ben: Ron Davis

Would someone like to summarise the main issues discussed into 3 or 4 points for a image to share on social media? I think it would be useful for those who don't have time or the cognitive energy to listen to the whole interview. I'm playing around with some ideas for graphics and thought...
  16. JD_Lucas

PACE Trial and PACE Trial Protocol

Would someone be able to provide a critique of the PACE trial in 2 paragraphs, approximately 100 words in total, along with a title and subtitle? I presume this will depend on what data is highlighted. Is it best to focus on recovery rates or improvement rates (see charts below)? Also, how much...
  17. JD_Lucas

Greatly appreciated @RogerBlack The Keith J Geraghty article gives some clear data to transform into a concise infographic
  18. JD_Lucas

Hello everyone, If possible, could people send a screen shot of how https://twitter.com/ME_infographics appears in the Twitter app on your phone (only need phone shots, not laptop). If you could send a screenshot of how the latest tweet appears in the timeline (i.e. don't click on the image to...
  19. JD_Lucas

I'd like to make an image which highlights empirical criticism of the PACE trial. Would someone be able to talk me through the graph below? It will be designed in a similar fashion to these ME related infographics which which I've just started creating: https://twitter.com/ME_infographics...
  20. JD_Lucas

Infographics archive?

I'm now looking for the next idea for an infographic. If you have some concise data/information to share then please let me know. My initial thoughts are creating a graphic summarising information from either... - Criticisms of the PACE trial ...or.... - Patients with ME score more poorly...
  21. JD_Lucas

November 17 update: https://www.facebook.com/1874718185875937/photos/a.1874720889209000.1073741829.1874718185875937/1874723379208751/?type=3
  22. JD_Lucas

November 9th update: https://www.facebook.com/1874718185875937/photos/a.1874720889209000.1073741829.1874718185875937/1874721452542277/?type=3
  23. JD_Lucas

The latest ME infographics will be posted here: Twitter: https://twitter.com/ME_infographics Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ME-Infographics-1874718185875937/
  24. JD_Lucas

Infographics archive?

@Murph - I just had a play with the exact scale for the funding comparison. Here is what it looks like....ME/CFS is a tiny red dot in the middle, which may not be visible on your screen.
  25. JD_Lucas

Infographics archive?

Thanks @Joh, your link is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. I have the PACE trial on my to-do list – as you say, I'm sure there's lots of important information that can be extracted. In my experience the literature on ME/CFS can be confusing and daunting, however there's no doubt it...
  26. JD_Lucas

Infographics archive?

Yes, the funding graphic was a compromise. If I'd created the chart to scale then ME/CFS funding would barely be visible as its so small compared to the others. Thanks for the suggestion - making a graphic that shows the true scale between funding is an idea I want to play with in the future
  27. JD_Lucas

Infographics archive?

Thanks for clarifying @Murph. I can make 2 or 3 images over the coming weeks to show different aspects of the data. Obviously for this study it's about showing the empirical difference between ME/CFS and healthy controls. The graphic is nearly complete so it can easily be modified to suit...
  28. JD_Lucas

Share your experience (UK Only): Online focus group for people with chronic illness

I received this email today from the Chronic Illness Inclusion Project in the UK. If anyone is willing to share their experience of chronic illness it's beginning in February or March 2018 (UK residents only) We will be holding an extended focus group to find out about the experiences, needs...
  29. JD_Lucas

Infographics archive?

I came to those averages in a rather convoluted way, however after a second look at the data these two graphs (Fig S2A and S2B, from the appendix if I recall correctly) show a Mean Total of 40 for CFS across both sexes and likewise a Mean Total of 16 for the controls. I don't understand what...
  30. JD_Lucas

23andMe - contribute my results for research?

Is there any way to provide my 23andMe results towards ME research or general disease/illness research?