• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Rinareens

A Very Exciting Expert ME/CFS Summit

Good point Stretched. You might be interested in this blog, written by Stephanie Griffin of the Bateman Horne Center, that addresses this directly as one of the goals of the summit. In addition, note the link to the write up of this symposium which was published by Miriam E. Tucker for...
  2. Rinareens

The Cortene trial was not discussed at this summit. This was a very productive meeting with a shared mission to find the best way to train other clinicians about recognizing, diagnosing and treating symptoms of ME/CFS.
  3. Rinareens

Thanks so much for sharing!
  4. Rinareens

Getting the word out about ME/CFS

Check out the video of the event http://batemanhornecenter.org/utah-jazz-mountain-america-credit-union-pass-along-bhc/
  5. Rinareens

Getting the word out about ME/CFS

Each year the Mountain America Credit Union jointly with the Utah Jazz awards five local non-profit organizations, who provide service to the community, with the "Pass it Along" award of $5,000 each, through fan nomination. We are thrilled that this year, on March 5th, the The Bateman Horne...
  6. Rinareens

This summit was specifically for physicians. Ultimately, patients will benefit as they came together to consolidate their various treatment plans. In addition, the idea is to get more physicians to understand ME/CFS as a real illness, at which time they will know how to treat the multitude of...
  7. Rinareens

I actually don't remember what was being discussed at that particular moment. They were very intent on listening to each other to see how each of them were treating the various symptoms of the disease in a variety of ways. This could have been a processing moment.
  8. Rinareens

Self help sites for patients with ME/CFS

Thank you for picking up on that. I have edited my original post.
  9. Rinareens

That was discussed at the meeting as a goal, to attract new and younger generation of physicians to the field.
  10. Rinareens

This symposium was quite lengthy and went on for 2 days from 7:30 am until 5:30 pm on both days. I don't believe a video was taken. A major goal of this summit, is to write a journal article that would provide practitioners with basic information on treatment methods. Currently, they are...
  11. Rinareens

A very exciting meeting took place this weekend at the Bateman Horne Center in Salt Lake City. This meeting was a collaborative effort to bring together 11 expert ME/CFS clinicians to discuss diagnosis and treatment of this very prolific and debilitative disease. Their goals were as follows...
  12. Rinareens

Self help sites for patients with ME/CFS

At a recent meeting, I spoke to Dr. Charles Lapp from Hunter Hopkins Center in Raleigh, North Carolina. “Following three small epidemics of a chronic Fatigue illness in the Raleigh area, Dr. Lapp began collaborating with Dr. Paul Cheney in 1987, and from 1992 to 1995 Dr. Lapp acted as Medical...