• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Metafolin vs. Magnafolate?

Is it correct that the exact form of L-5-MTHF does not matter? Meaning, I could as well order 6S-L-5-MTHF ?
  2. M

Good question. FolaPro was simply the one advised 10yrs back, and as you know, never change a running system ;) But apart from that: what is a "good" L-5-MTHF? At least for Metafolin, you know it's good...
  3. M

Hi, does anybody know from experience if it is worth taking Magnafolate over Metafolin? I had FolaPro (Metafolin) from merck in my protocol like for 10 yrs. But FolaPro as a product does not seem to be produced anymore. During research, I stumbled upon the new Magnafolate that exists nowadays...
  4. M

Muscle pains?

I got magnesium glycinate now (Biopure). But it tastes fishy! Is that correct?
  5. M

Muscle pains?

Thanks for the hint with malate, I will try this out. According to thyroid, yes I did check fT's, antibodies, sonography, scintigram and so on. Severel docs and different laboratories, everyone agrees my thyroid's just great.
  6. M

Muscle pains?

Ty so far. Yes I found hot showers help me, too. In spite hot bath who help me getting some relief at the moment, but too beeing worn out the next day. Sing: The stretching think sounds interesting. I'm rather trying to go for a walk atm instead of stretching. Could you write more about your...
  7. M

Muscle pains?

Hello, I just was wondering if anyone has found a treatment for muscle issues? Mine is a mixture of the common flu-like pain and aching muscles after exercise - but without having exercised. I tried Magnesium. Did not improve, but worsen my fatigue very much. What would be your...