• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. parpar

Doing a Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS)

until now no one has sent me anything . i used BGI to do my exome sequencing since they give 100X coverage
  2. parpar

hi , im doing genome analysis and comparing data of different people with CFS if you would like to share your results let me know
  3. parpar

you seem knowledgeable in the field of genetic analyzing , i would ask you if you have done any genetic testing WGS or WES ?
  4. parpar

what do you mean when you used accutane you are cured , i took it and i got CFS in the 3rd month
  5. parpar

DNA exome, independent researcher

if you want to do an exome sequencing send me a massage on the site's chat
  6. parpar

yeah you are right but if you want to solve this condition you can't just take gene expression because it changes from person to person , if 2 people face the same stress they will not react the same . but why take the variants (gene expression ) when you have the constants which is your DNA results
  7. parpar

@pattismith http://arep.med.harvard.edu/gmc/genome_services.html i used BGI
  8. parpar

it is easy to get to that assumption if you are testing gene expression , of course you will get 370 genes that changed their level of expression but this does not mean that there is a mutation in these genes .
  9. parpar

the problem with 23andme is , we still don't know the gene/s that cause CFS . are they covered in the 23andme result or not .this why exome sequencing could reveal much more than 23andme . regarding OMF i contacted them they haven't done it yet
  10. parpar

i did write to them , they said they haven't done it yet and told me to contact them in 3-6 months
  11. parpar

if people do send me their data and we find something in common , then the next step is to see if the result is included in the 23andme or not
  12. parpar

Hello , im a CFS sufferer since 2009 . it started at the age of 18 . I had to give up my hopes and dreams just like many of you . I’m a Genetic and biotechnology major . I’m an independent researcher, my goal is to study this disease based on Genetic results specifically Exome sequencing in...
  13. parpar

cracky joints

thank you for your help
  14. parpar

cracky joints

my joints crack easily specially my knees when i take the stairs