• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Questions about my protocol experience

Thanks Rich! I actually went Gluten Free/Casein Free my first time around. Don't know why I didn't recall the excitotoxin issue this time around. But I will watch my diet and I actually have some taurine, valerian root and progesterone cream in the house so I will add them in. Thanks so much!!!
  2. S

Lavender Essential Oil- Reduces Cortisol and Oxidative Stress

Smelling Lavendar oil has been demonstrated to reduce cortisol levels in healthy adults. There is no indication in any study I have ever come across, ever, to suggest that just because something reduces cortisol levels in healthy adults (a good thing) that it will dangerously lower cortisol...
  3. S

Questions about my protocol experience

I'm a first time poster (loooong time lurker). I tried to find the answers to my questions in all the literature and previous posts first, but was unsuccessful. I'm two weeks into the protocol (this is the second time, first began it two years ago, but abandoned it due to (what I perceived...