• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Attempting to identify members of my subgroup - Subcutaneous Fat Loss

I have all of these symptoms plus muscle wasting and problems with connective tissue. I see Dr. Bonilla at Stanford ME Clinic next week. I included these symptoms in my illness summary.
  2. G

subcutaneous fat loss, cracking joints

I know this is an old thread but wanted to say that I have experienced all of these symptoms, right down to the wrinkled finger tips. In February of 2017 I suddenly developed severe burning pain, severe cognitive issues that continue to get worse, and the same fat loss as others have described...
  3. G

Fairly rapid tissue and muscle wasting during disease onset

I am experiencing very similar symptoms. I had a neurological insult, then things started spiraling downward. Tissue and fat loss. I watched my skin loosen and then turn stretchy with little substance. I can feel my bones even though there is fat over top, but the fat is not like it used to...