• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

The Family Member ME/CFS Prevalence Poll Take II

My three daughters and myself have all been officially diagnosed with ME/CFS. I'm sure my mother has it although she has not been diagnosed and her mother before her was similarly unwell for a long time before she died. I have a nephew with diabetes and twin nephews and a niece with symptoms...
  2. A

Whey powder: any CFS issues/benefits?

Thanks Crappy. That's really helpful info. I'm already taking the Lipospheric Glutathione KDM recommends so that's not an issue. I need the protein in my diet as I'm very limited in what food I'm able to tolerate. One thing I realised I hadn't mentioned is that the rice protein I use is...
  3. A

Whey powder: any CFS issues/benefits?

Hi all, I used whey protein in diet shakes for 2 years with both mildly improved wellness and successful weight loss. I had to stop taking it due to casein problems and I miss it. I'm sure I do better on a high protein low carb diet. It also prevented my carb cravings. I'm now taking...