• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Comet

Janet Dafoe in hospital

:hug::heart: @Janet Dafoe (Rose49)
  2. Comet

A Song for ME: Blowin' in the Wind

Exquisite @Robert 1973. :cry: Haunting and beautiful.
  3. Comet

In Memory of Bob: A tribute from his friends

Heartbreaking news. I only knew Bob through his posts here on the forum, but always thought he was a lovely person with a lovely heart. I am so sad to learn that he has passed. Deepest condolences to his friends and family. I am sure he will be deeply missed. He is one of my heroes. May he...
  4. Comet

Pineapple fund--donation to OMF increased to $5 million!

:heart::heart::heart: Best news ever! Huge thanks to Pine, @Ben H, @Silencio, @Cheesus, Marilyn from OMF, Linda, and everyone else who made this happen. :angel: Wow! :trophy:
  5. Comet

$1,000,000 donation to OMF!!!!!

Huge thanks to @Cheesus, @Silencio, @Ben H, OMF and everyone involved in this! WOW! You guys are really amazing. :star: So grateful to the Pineapple Fund! :heart::heart::heart:
  6. Comet

US Political Figures Support Increased ME/CFS Research Funding

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16vhQxBWG30zodpOZgHSit7ucauWzz1Yy/view @RivkaRivka :thumbsup::heart::heart::heart:
  7. Comet

Unrest screening in Atlanta 11/30 - eligible for Continuing Medical Ed. credit

https://www.cdc.gov/me-cfs/healthcare-providers/hidden-crisis.html: Presenters/Content Experts Elizabeth Unger, PhD, MD; Chief, Chronic Viral Diseases Branch (CVDB), Division of High-Consequence Pathogens and Pathology (DHCPP), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Atlanta, GA...
  8. Comet

Brain Imaging study needs funding

Donation made.
  9. Comet

"Unrest" updates

I just downloaded it into my iPad from iTunes. It was $15 US for preorder. I'm assuming I can download it to my computer also via iTunes? Gonna save it for tomorrow - late here. Can't wait to see it again.
  10. Comet

"Unrest" updates

I watched it on my computer, at a Virtual Screening last weekend. Loved it. Very emotional. It was $10. I will also buy it on iTunes when it's available - I think it's $15 for that. Great job @JenB! :thumbsup: :angel:
  11. Comet

Help - Angioedema Reaction to Antiobiotics - may need to go to ER for antiobiotic IV

So relieved to hear this. Hope you keep healing. :hug::nerd::sluggish::hug:
  12. Comet

Help - Angioedema Reaction to Antiobiotics - may need to go to ER for antiobiotic IV

Pulling out the big guns to try to make JenJ smile. :thumbsup:
  13. Comet

Just a reminder that tomorrow is Friday in case you need to get in touch with the doc before the weekend. Wish I had something more helpful to say. Thinking of you. :nerd::sluggish:
  14. Comet

Thinking of you this morning and hoping the worst has passed. :hug::ill::hug:
  15. Comet

Oh no! I'm so sorry you're going through this. I wish I could help, or at least wash your sheets and tuck you in. :sleep: Will be thinking of you. Let us know how you are if you can. :heart:
  16. Comet

Celebrate Prof. Davis' birthday!!!

Happy Birthday, Dr. Davis! :balloons::balloons::balloons::star::heart::star::balloons::balloons::balloons: Thank you so much. :hug: (Donation Made)
  17. Comet

Correspondence with the Mayo Clinic re ME/CFS! (amazing response) - UPDATE

Thank you @Mary! This must have taken a lot out of you. Very grateful for a fabulous job! :balloons::star::bulb::star::balloons:
  18. Comet

Jennie Spotila blogpost: NIH Attitudes Affect Policy: A Story In Two Parts

Thanks for an eye opening article, Jennie Spotila. I just made a small donation to Solve ME/CFS Initiative.
  19. Comet

David Tuller needs our help

Done. :thumbsup::moneybag:
  20. Comet

Group card to Senator Markey

I signed last week. :) Many, many thanks to @RivkaRivka, @znahle, @JenB, @Emily Taylor and Carol Head! :love::love::love::love::love::love:
  21. Comet

Earlybird price on IIMEC12 Conference DVD til May 31st

Thanks, @RL_sparky! :hug:
  22. Comet

Earlybird price on IIMEC12 Conference DVD til May 31st

I just ordered the DVDs. :) Was under $20 US. Does anyone know if they play on US DVD players or maybe on US windows 10 or windows 8 computer? I tried googling, but am still unclear. :oops: The DVDs are listed as PAL format. Thanks!
  23. Comet

NY Health Commissioner sent letter to every physician in the state about myalgic encephalomyelitis

What a great letter! Thanks so much Terri Wilder and Commissioner Zucker! I will be taking a copy to my NY doc appt which should be in the next month or so. :) Big thanks to everyone involved in accomplishing this. :angel: @Hutan, that was one of my favorite lines too. :thumbsup:
  24. Comet

Janet Dafoe's Birthday Donation Campaign!

Happy Birthday @Janet Dafoe (Rose49)!! :angel::cocktail::cake::cookie::star: :bow::star::bow::star::bow:
  25. Comet

Dr Nath's intra-mural study at NIH is currently recruiting

Thanks so much @RYO and @viggster, both for going through this testing, and for updating us! :love:
  26. Comet

Crawley: How to deal with anti-science BRS2017

Thank you @Nephrofan for taking the time to post here and clarify. Abuse is unacceptable and should never happen. I am sorry to hear that you may have experienced this. If you have any interest in patients who are suffering, sometimes for decades, and are desperate to get help, I would ask...
  27. Comet

How Can We Help Ron Davis?

Why not email the OMF and ask what they need @Jesse2233? :) I think they were looking for tweeters to help get the message out. I've been too sick to even help with this. :meh: They may have other things they need help with, I don't know.
  28. Comet

Janet Dafoe's Birthday Donation Campaign!

My pleasure. It isn't much, but I hope it will help! Don't want to derail Janet's birthday, but some of our signatures are linking to the old OMF page, which my FireFox browser is deeming insecure. I used the link that @Ben Howell used at the beginning of this thread to update mine...