• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. jleblanc3

Symptom Interpretation While Finding Limits

I am recently ill and recently diagnosed (5months). Myself and my family have done a lot of reading and are aware of the concept and advantages of pacing to improve symptom severity and lifestyle improvement. I have acceptance that progress is possible with small incremental changes over a...
  2. jleblanc3

PEM and pacing

Thank you all for your responses. I wanted to bring muscle pains (myalgias) into the conversation at this time. I seem to have mild myalgias in the morning that seem to progress to moderate as the day goes on. They seem to flare after use and primarily in the legs and sometimes in the arms...
  3. jleblanc3

PEM and pacing

Thank you for sharing Keela Too. I want to describe a situation/feeling and was hoping that some of you might be able to interpret and help me troubleshoot what it may be. So this morning I got up (slept 5 hours with sleep meds) and had breakfast with my wife and daughter before school, got...
  4. jleblanc3

PEM and pacing

With good pacing techniques is it possible to improve your baseline or is that out of reach? It's only been 6 months for me since onset of symptoms and before I realised what I had I already pushed myself to being housebound with minimal activity. Gah. I've been able to get out of one crash...
  5. jleblanc3

PEM and pacing

I have been trying to pacey day a bit better after new ME diagnosis but I just can't seem to wrap my head around what is harmful and a setback and what I should push through. At the moment I am having slight PEM after getting up to do slight activity preceded by myalgias in my arms and legs...