• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Hagane-no

New Scientist: Metabolic switch may bring on chronic fatigue syndrome

Ah, gotcha, thanks all for the insight! Seeing the article made me start thinking of possible new strategies to get some improvements, but it seems the search will have to continue
  2. Hagane-no

Well, I don't mean that it's a cause or "cure" (if there's such a thing), I was just wondering if it could help alleviate symptoms the way therapeutic doses of supplements do for some
  3. Hagane-no

I came across this article recently and I was wondering, has anyone tried to do a high carbohydrate diet for an extended period of time to see if their symptoms improve? If carbohydrate metabolism really is a factor, then maybe increasing overall carb consumption for a long time can start...
  4. Hagane-no

SO Confused About My Health....

Hey man, it's been some time since you posted but i wanted to check, were you able to figure out causes/solutions to these issues? I've been having some similar symptoms recently and have found some things that helped, but not quite fixed. Any updates on how you're doing?