• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Really? Is this who we are?

Well said, everyone. I am going to try and see the many positive sides of this forum. Its great to see such a lovely, heartwarmimg thread.:) Love Steve Benson("Stevenski")
  2. S

Reflux into espophagus with sore throat/cough, no heartburn....take Betaine HCL?

CACfs; in the Uk, i don't know re anywhere else, there IS a test to measure exactly how much stomach/gullet acid you have:24 hour amulatory ph monitoring manometry. if available, where u live, beware: if u are already on PPIs, u have to come off them for minimum of 6 days, and u will have...
  3. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace Book - 42'

Nice poem, Merry.:) Love steve
  4. S

Others with panic attacks

Just wanted to thank everyone for their support and ideas. i shall consider them! Best wishes Steve Benson("Stevenski")
  5. S

Others with panic attacks

Entering a debated area here. I have anxiety attacks and panic attacks : I KNOW what causes them 1. acid reflux, possibly combined with oesaphageal dysmotility 2.traumatic events: the aftermath: i had one on Monday and, intermittently, have felt anxious ever since 3. Valium rebound...
  6. S

Everyone in the U.S.A. Let's keep our supplements

I too FULLY support your actions, Sally; sometimes people DO listen. And Sally has been an inspiration to me in regard to one particular supplement, anti-oxidants , which is one of the few treatment options that has helped me. I think there ARE people out there who listen; I have an excellent...
  7. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace Book - 41'

That is cool, Merry; idiosyncratic and good, crazy images; Davy liked some too:)Love Steve
  8. S

How do you amuse yourself during the day?

this is a positive useful, affirming thread. NOT that i am saying is all easy, "just be creative" etc.. see my post in Community Lounge on the thread "Finding Joy in Our Lives" for example of how i make the most of my limited life, which i fully acknowledge is not as limited as others. Steve...
  9. S

Dr. Enlander speaking in London Aug. 18

test test test
  10. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace Book - 38'

Sweet posting from RW, Merry. Love Steve
  11. S

Acute G.I. episodes

Good luck for Monday , Dainty; u have been through hell. All the best, Steve Benson(:Stevenski")
  12. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace Book - 35'

Quirky nice poems, Merry; good idea to do a parallel text type idea!:) Love Steve
  13. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace Book - 32'

Yes Robert waldron Merry:)Love Steve
  14. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace Book - 32'

thanks again , merry; I bookmarked the non-copyrighted books Bartleby site!i got Robert's 2 novels; will give them a try but they look repressed and I am getting a bit fed up of that. Love Steve
  15. S

Been for gastroscopy for severe abdominal pain. Still starving and hungry

I agree Francelle; be assertive:)Stevenski
  16. S

I'm starving, please help

With respect, liverock this is not proven; there is much medical/scientific debate about it; i have slightly HIGH stomach acid; and PPIs have some benefit and can prevent potentially dangerous inflammation of oesaphagus, as well as reducing stomach acid; they can also stop debilitating...
  17. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace Book - 30'

I have read this book, Merry; a lovely writer; exquisite eye for detail; i can recommend some others; gay too:)Love Steve
  18. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace Book - 29'

had only vaguely heard of this guy, Merry; thanks for putting something gay-affirmative on ur blog!Love Steve
  19. S

I'm starving, please help

Zuriel, am partly there: YOU HAVE TO HAVE A GASTROSOPE, AM AFRAID; BUT ASK FOR SEDATION; WILL BE OK There is a range of oesaphageal conditions u may have; food sitting in the gullet sounds like a form of dysmotility(google it!): I have that YOU may need manometry stage test and/or ph acid 24...
  20. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace Book - 25'

Merry check out this link on walser- http://goldenrulejones.com/walser/ Steve
  21. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace Book - 25'

Wow, Merry; that is one of the most exquisite and redolent pieces of writing re the ineffability of music I have read; probably THE most{Rushes to Amazon}.Is Walser ALWAYS that good?; and it relates to the Sacks book group thread!Steve
  22. S

laughter therapy!

Here is a good link for you:www.dianeshortlandlaughtertherapy.com. her article in current issue of "InterAction" uk's "Action for M.E" made me laugh out aloud. Steve("Stevenski")
  23. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace book - 22'

Interesting surreal poem merry; read "frankenstein"; liked it; poignant; don't know much re Mary Shelley herself. Love Steve
  24. S

legal/treatment impications of having PHYSIOLOGICAL diagnosis of m.e/pvfs pre NICE UK

I was diagnosed as having post viral fatigue syndreome (pvfs) by A NEUROLOGIST in 1989, then again as having m.e in about 1994(in the "Infectious Diseases Unit" of the local hospital), both diagnoses being BEFORE the introduction of the NICE clinical guidelines on treatment/ management of...
  25. S

M.E Conference in Liverpool UK on 1.6.11

This is for medics only am afraid. But does anyone know anything re Malcolm Hooper and Irving Spurr, who are the only 2 speakers, meant to be m.e experts? Thanks Steve(Stevenski)
  26. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace Book - 20'

LOVELY, merry. Keep them coming.! Steve
  27. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'about "From My Commonplace Book"'

A lovely idea, merry; gives a (semi) permanence to beautiful passsages one likes: i should do so with Sebald. Steve(Stevenski)
  28. S

Comment by 'stevenski' in 'From My Commonplace Book - 10'

That is a lovely poem,Merry; and has personal resonances for me. i think i read a novella by Marai, that starts on a railway station....Steve(stevensk).
  29. S

Neurological link and Music

Anyone who is a serious lover of, and listener to, classical music, especially, Romantic era music, and piano music, please get in touch. Thx Stevenski
  30. S

Esophageal dysmotilty/poor gullet peristalsis/ineffective oesaphageal motiltiy

Thanks diva. Don't know whether thy checked for hernias of any kind. Would this show on a gastroscope(endescope) do you know and/or barium swallow? Symptoms similar. Thanks Steve