• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. andocobo

Started Methylation with B12 only – Neuropathy is much worse

Hi Kontra, I know this post is a few years old now - I hope your health hasn't worsened significantly in that time. I've had similar experiences with B12, it made my neuropathy, cramping and many other symptoms worse. I have issues with s-adenosylhomocysteine (SAH), very high levels of SAH and...
  2. andocobo

BCAAs made me crash baaaddd

@Mary thankyou! This is very interesting info. I see that glutamine is important especially for glucuronidation, impairment of which is the cause of Gilbert's Syndrome, which I have. I wonder, can glutamic acid play the same role as glutamine here? I believe it can be converted to glutamine...
  3. andocobo

Thanks for the reply @Learner1, I don't think contamination is an issue here, I bought a highly regarded brand of BCAAs, they don't seem to have any history of contamination from the research I did on them. Of course it's always something you have to consider with supplements though...
  4. andocobo

Yeh i know they compete with tryptophan and a few others, that might've caused the symptoms i've experienced - kinda seems almost like an immune response to me though, but of course it's hard to know
  5. andocobo

Hi guys, Just wanting to share my experience of BCAAs and see if anyone else has experienced something similar. I know they've been very helpful for some people, but I hope sharing my less positive experience might help some people understand the potential downsides :) I started taking BCAA...
  6. andocobo

High S-adenosyl homocysteine but low homocysteine - please help me understand!

I've not had my B3 levels tested, but I have tried supplementing with NAD briefly, made me feel kinda weird in the head, weirder than normal, worse brain fog. I stopped after a few days, I think i was worried it might be doing some kinda damage, maybe slowing down other parts of the methylation...
  7. andocobo

Thank you so much @alicec for taking the time to contribute this while you're feeling so unwell - it looks very useful! I will look at it more closely later today. My SAH and homocysteine levels were: SAH: 37 nmol/L (upper limit of normal for this lab was 22 nmol/L) Homocysteine: <2 umol/L...
  8. andocobo

Thanks @Valentijn - those tests were done a while ago, but from memory I'd been off any supplements for a while so they wouldn't invalidate any test results.
  9. andocobo

Thanks for the info Valentijn. Do you have any ideas on what could cause the elevated SAH and very low homocysteine my results showed if the AHCY mutations are irrelevant? You think purine metabolism might be an issue? Excess adenosine etc.? Or is it more likely to be a CBS issue do you think...
  10. andocobo

Thanks @Gondwanaland, I remember taking niacin once and I had the most intense flush thing, felt like I was gonna spontaneously combust hahaha! I've actually got the Thorne Basic B supplement which has most of the B vitamins and has a mix of niacin and niacinamide. I don't really know if the B3...
  11. andocobo

Hi everyone, I'm just hoping for some advice / bounce ideas around with some knowledgable people, any input is welcome! :) I've spent the last few days researching some test results I got recently - the tests found I have high S-adenosyl homocysteine (SAH), moderately high SAMe, low...
  12. andocobo

Help interpreting Methylation Panel and my thoughts on NutriPath (Australia)

Thanks for the info @helen1, I appreciate you taking the time to respond and help me out :) I've been doing some research and found that the supplements that generally work to lower homocysteine don't seem to be effective for lowering s-adenosyl homocysteine (SAH). From what I can gather SAH...
  13. andocobo

Help interpreting Methylation Panel and my thoughts on NutriPath (Australia)

Hi everyone, I just went to the doctor today and got some interesting results. I got a methylation panel done through NurtiPath in Melbourne and thought other Australians might like to hear about my experience. I was also hoping to get some advice regarding how to interpret and what to do...
  14. andocobo

Numbness and muscle weakness after restarting b12

Thanks for your reply ahmo :) I am very grateful for any time and energy anyone puts into trying to help me. It's interesting that I may need more folate because I eat ALOT of green vegetables, so I may also have the MTHFR gene issues, I've not been tested for that, I'm planning on ordering...
  15. andocobo

Numbness and muscle weakness after restarting b12

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can give me some advice or info regarding my recent experiences outlined below :) I've just recently developed mouth, throat, tongue, arm / hand and leg / feet numbness and muscle weakness after restarting daily methyl b12 sublinguals (at first 1000mcg now...