• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Some inspiration (CFS/ME remission collection)

Alright, I just checked it. Seems sort of like Dr. Chris Kresser or Dr. Axe if anyone here has heard about them (seems to be quite popular right now to become an online doctor :-p). For the interviewees defence I gotta say that they didn't get any help from that guy - they achieved remission by...
  2. D

To be honest, I didn't really read or watch anything else on that website. I only watched/listened to the remission stories and found some of them quite helpful (especially the latter part of James story).
  3. D

The owner of the website is not selling anything (at least not that I know). He had CFS and also "cured" himself. He made that website to help other people with the same "ilness" and he is putting those recovery stories up there to inspire others to not give up and keep trying things. Not...
  4. D

Hello everyone, I think we all need some inspiration, knowing that this disease CAN be overcome (and there are lot's of success stories out there). Here we go: https://cfsunravelled.com/cfs-fibro-recovery-stories/ I found this story particularly helpful and inspiring:
  5. D

Gastrointestinal symptoms and Gastritis among CFS patients

I am also now reading a lot on imbalanced flora and it is actually what I hope might be the right direction towards remission for a lot of people (got very inspired by reading http://www.cfsremission.com and some other sources - maybe some people here already know [about] him). @drob31: When...
  6. D

Gastrointestinal symptoms and Gastritis among CFS patients

Hello everyone, I would like to know which ones among us have got gastrointestinal symptoms and if so, which ones? Furthermore I'd like to ask which one of you had endoscopy and again, if so, what were your results? The reason I ask is because: Dr Chia as well as Dr. Kenny De Meirleir found...
  7. D

Nausea and Today's A&E experience

I wasn't able to treat it yet, since I (or shall I say the doctors) don't know what's the cause. I do however believe since bacterial infections are easier to detect in routine biopsies that it's viral, like Dr. chia also found out in a lot of his patients (infections of enteroviruses in the...
  8. D

How to create more stomach acid?

Infections aside from H pylori (which actually neutralizes stomach acid) can also cause low or even complete absence of stomach acid, see: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1432731/pdf/gut00239-0108.pdf
  9. D

By the way I had a complete resolution of all symptoms while on antibiotics. But I doubt its because the antibiotic treated the infection, instead it's more likely that it happened because it "suppressed" the inflammation (most antibiotics have anti-inflammatory properties). Once I went off...
  10. D

My endoscopy revealed the same: erythematous gastritis in the antrum of the stomach (as well as the small intestine and parts of the large intestine). I am not sure what to make of it yet but I am leaning towards (viral) infection. The biopsy results said (post) infectous...