• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Mast cell activation syndrome is not what it seems

I went to a new dentist who told me my teeth were all looking good then took a look at the xray and said Hold on you've got peridontal disease. I have no visible receding gums or bleeding gums. I have to go for three monthly cleans with the hygenist and use inter dental brushes every day. I...
  2. N

Vit B deficiency symptoms AFTER taking activated Vit B's

I've been taking biotin for some time which has helped - so I decided to try taking all the Activated Vitamins B's ( taking the Doctor's Best one) After a few days I started I'm getting symptoms of Vitamin B deficiency. Mouth Ulcers, Burning feet, lack of energy (I'm currently in remission)...
  3. N

Mast cell activation syndrome is not what it seems

My MCAS turned out be be hidden peridontal disease (hidden = no symptoms) once I got that under control the MCAS wasn't really noticeable. I was at my worst at that point (90% house bound) as I had MCAS, POTS and CFS
  4. N

Bacteriophage therapy (phage therapy) for gut infections / dysbiosis — just $30 instead of $1200

I would agree with this, I have a small amount of E Coil left so the last thing I want to do is kill these off. I do significantly better with the E coli probiotics.
  5. N

Mutaflor source in Canada

Thank you for the suggestion. I've been in touch and they have it in stock so I've ordered some to be express delivered to his hotel.
  6. N

Mutaflor source in Canada

For those who live in Canada. Can you purchase Mutaflor from a regular pharmacy? If so, do they have to order it in and if they do order it in how long does this take? If you order on line do they have it in stock, does it come straight away? or is it a three week wait. I'm asking as my husband...
  7. N

no fibromyalgia pain in 6 months

She might have fibromyalgia without the fatigue, my friend does spray tanning for body biulding competitions and says shes spoken to a couple of competitors who have fibromyalgia & body build. They say that the exercise distracts them from the pain - they don't have the fatigue though.
  8. N

CFS or not?

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, I was diagnosed with CFS/ME by my GP a year ago, this diagnosis came about because all my test came back showing a picture of health and my symptoms could not be explained. My GP is one of the rare ones who does believe CFS/ME is a 'real' condition but admits...
  9. N

Olive Leaf Extract

I got a very strong yes for Olive leaf when I did muscle testing, guess I should go online and buy some.
  10. N

Has anyone done a Oligoscan?

I said to the therapist I've been seeing that I would liked to be tested for Heavy metals and minerals. He's uses an Oligoscan. Does anyone know much about these....... I think I would rather have the hair test done, if only so I can take the results to another person if I'm not happy with his...
  11. N

Streptococcus overgrowth & CFS/ME request

I have a streptococcus gut overgrowth and believe it causing me issues. The medical practitioner I have been using seems to be totally dismissing this as an issue. Can anyone please provide a link to any research confirming this? I can find tons of research linking CFS/ME with altered gut flora...
  12. N

Streptococcus overgrowth

I have just received my results back from a Bioscreen analysis. Streptococcus Parasanguinis - High 96% (ideally under 4%) E-coil - Low 4% (ideally 70 - 90%) Eubacterium/Collinsella aerofaciens - High 92% (ideally under 15%) Yeast - not detected Also tested positive for...