• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. The Chronicals

Do I have Adrenal Fatigue or Cfs ?

Be really nice to see....Adrenal Fatigue finally officially 'real', although I imagine the 'scientists' will put a new name on it and pretend like it was all their idea :)
  2. The Chronicals

The ASI is merely for you to be able to dose your supplements/HC, but I would get a current one before embarking on HC supplementation...Doctors strangely dont 'believe' in them yet Barts Hospital Trust in the UK actually use it for Adrenal Insufficiency paitents, yet their endocrinologists...
  3. The Chronicals

Doctors fear steroids, as the pharmaceutical industry ensured that they where educated with fear and scare tactics as there is no money to be made out of plain old cortisol...but Lexapro - well theres an earner right there. I react to everything, even fizzy water - so I know your pain :) Go low...
  4. The Chronicals

United Pharmacies. But if you think its signalling, then 5HTP.
  5. The Chronicals

Did you have a STIM test? Christ, yeah that is the ultimate way to crash yourself - you probably felt quite good or rather normal for an hour or so, before everything started going downhill. A simple way of checking the feedback loop - therefore seeing if its just a communication problem, is...
  6. The Chronicals

You can indeed have normal blood cortisol at 8am - most people do with AF although many do have subclinically low levels, we are not talking about Addisons Disease (primary) or Secondary Adrenal Insufficiency. The issue with AF is that the Adrenals are unable to keep up the demands throughout...
  7. The Chronicals

This is a great write up of Adrenal Fatigue.
  8. The Chronicals

Neurotransmitters are in part made by the adrenals - knackered adrenals, low neurotransmitter development. Reduce adrenal activation to avoid overstimulation crashes , low hormonal and neurotransmitter output. Also copper toxicity blocking serotonin and gaba. Keto dieters - Ive been one,am...
  9. The Chronicals

Does anyone here do low dose HC?

If you take it and you dont need it, you're going to damage yourself, so I thoroughly recommend getting an ASI test first. Low and High Cortisol states have very similar symptoms..
  10. The Chronicals

Haha, i know THAT HC feeling oh to well :)
  11. The Chronicals

Tonight, BBC2 8pm. Documentary re drug companies

I watched this, absolutely brilliant. That guy is a really good documentary maker, when he exposed the World Health Organisation for the farce it is caused big stirs in Parliment. It really does show you how pharma companies moulded 21st century medicine into a cash cow of dosing.
  12. The Chronicals

I do use HC, but could not tolerate high dose due to receptor damage, but using a 24 hour cortisol siliva test will show you what you are working with. I wouldnt be taking HC without getting at least two of those done, of seperate days of the week, and being off all supplements and meds prior...
  13. The Chronicals

Hi Again! 'no such thing in the 1940's as ME/CFS' - Exactly. 'No lab tests to diagnose ME' - Exactly You are failing to grasp the idea, that years passed these illnesses where not 'official', yet later on , they where. There was reports of the symptoms of this conditions, and theories put...
  14. The Chronicals

Really good post, and yes you are right, semantics definitely involved. Quackwatch, much like Wikipedia is freely editable and as you rightly state, is skewed information much like a reporters take on a situation. 'And, those who aren't experiencing low cortisol crashes can argue about it all...
  15. The Chronicals

Couple of questions if you may.. 1. In the say 1940's how was CFS/ME explained? 2. What are the lab tests used to determine CFS/ME? (please dont include speculative elimination tests) 3. Was it not the World Health Organisation who told us that eating sugar/carbs was good and eating fat was...
  16. The Chronicals

I have a lovely husky, she's awesome.
  17. The Chronicals

James L. Wilson introduced the concept of adrenal fatigue in 1998, he focussed on Hans Seyles work on General Adaptation Syndrome and further explored the millions of cases of ill health that did not fit into 'traditional and somewhat archaic' medicines viewpoint over what could explain this ill...
  18. The Chronicals

How was ME and CFS defined in say the 1940's? Oh and you also missed out Secondary Adrenal Insuffiencieny, a stage before Addisons, and a stage after Chronic Stress Syndrome (Adrenal Fatigue) as in my case or other things like a pituitary tumour etc. Nice to see good physicians keeping their...
  19. The Chronicals

Whats the lab tests performed to diagnose ME/CFS? Please dont include tests that are done as exclusion tests.
  20. The Chronicals

Yes its sad to see some users argue the validity of conditions that they dont have but then claim they have a condition that many don't believe exists either. Definitely some good points there from Mary, Pantethine (b5 purest form), Vitamin C and a good glandular are massively important and...
  21. The Chronicals

Yes there has been. Do some research if you are interested. x
  22. The Chronicals

How was the research on 'pubmed' in the 40's/ and 50's regarding CFS/ME? Didnt exist did it, but it does now, and in the future we will see GAS and AF further acknowledged as long as arrogance and ignorance of the medical community dont get in the way. Open minds make the world a better place.
  23. The Chronicals

As i said, its not very well documented these days as it has unfortunately been largely ignored in favour of ignorance and arrogance. Heres an British Medical Journal extract, if you need further, there are plenty of sources and information about it, but you will need to do actual research...
  24. The Chronicals

This is wrong. A ACTH test will show the ability of the adrenals to 'react' at a set time, however , they are unable to 'keep up' throughout the entire day. Been there done that, eventually tho after years of suffering I failed mine. Blunted stress response? You don't understand GAS or AF...
  25. The Chronicals

Yes Seyles work set the foundations, but as with everything when dealing with systematic disorders, he couldn't note or explain everything with it being in its infancy of understanding. So further exploration was needed. 'Just a change in stress response', yes that it is what AF is, and after...
  26. The Chronicals

Yes its very true, low cortisol is one of them. Low cortisol as mentioned is not a primary way to diagnose AF/GAS, but it is something that 'happens' after years of chronic stress, when the body because in a dysfunctional state of trying to find an equilibirum, and becomes 'confused'. Be if that...
  27. The Chronicals

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2038162/
  28. The Chronicals

Adrenal Fatigue is a very valid illness, although incorrectly referred to by many on the internet including many 'holistic' doctors. The correct medical term for Adrenal Fatigue is General Adaptation Syndrome. I suggest reading up on Hans Seyles work on GAS, and then Dr Lams work on the GAS/AF...
  29. The Chronicals

Thought I'd Share This One...

Probably may not sound like it, but high cortisol is a good signs regarding adrenal health! It means they are still able to product and you are in the adaption stage - much easier to come back from
  30. The Chronicals

Thought I'd Share This One...

Niacin is nice if you can tolerate it. Its affinity with Gaba receptors, has a similar action to how Benzos work - hence why it can help you sleep and become calm...plus if you tolerate the flush, can be brilliant at nuked some free radicals. Ive done Mirtz withdrawal - wasnt pleasant - but it...