• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. cfidsurfer

Dr Sarah Myhill interview

I'm glad I watched it but I was not magorly impressed. It didn't seem like she had much concrete evedence about ME. It sounded a lot more about chronic fatigue (cf) and various other fatigue related conditions. Its possible to try some of her suggestions and if they help, hey thats good.
  2. cfidsurfer

Spring 2012 CFSAC Meeting Dates

OK, forget it. CFSAC prob isn't the best place to protest anyway. any of you see 'And the Band Played On?
  3. cfidsurfer

Tina, I think Robert is on to something.
  4. cfidsurfer

I know the CFSAC isn't a protest per se, However it would be cool if we all wore orange prison shirts or the black and white prison stripes, because that's what ME is, a prison. That would make statement! Just look at 'Change for ME Australia' brisbane rally and the sea of red shirts. see here...
  5. cfidsurfer

What hotel are people staying at?
  6. cfidsurfer

Voices from the Shadows

Thanks for posting. I just bout a USA copy!
  7. cfidsurfer

Nov. 2011 CFSAC Videos Posted

Andrew, Here is the first of 3 on the 9th(day 2). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPZrFM-sA0
  8. cfidsurfer

Nov. 2011 CFSAC Videos Posted

day 2 is up now. please rate and comment on these to let them know we are watching!
  9. cfidsurfer

(Anon poll) How many ME/CFS+related groups have you voted for in ChaseCommunityGiving

Voting ends at noon EST. BTW, for you last minute voters; I think voting might end on the 22nd at noon EST.
  10. cfidsurfer

Chase Community Giving Contest for Small Non-profits-Nov 8 to 22-$3M in Prize Money

I think the mecfs groups will be loosing ground in the next couple of days so it is important now more than ever to try to get votes. Over all, the turnout for mecfs votes has been less than impressive. Considering the amount of money at stake, I'm really not sure why more people are not...
  11. cfidsurfer

Since your ME/CFS onset, have you caught the Cold & or Flu more or less frequently?

Pre ME: Sick 2x a year like clockwork. Post ME: Haven't cought a cold or flu in 11yrs Ever since I got mono-(which turned into ME) in 2001 I have never caught a cold or flu or strep ect...! I'm not complaining. I have told my GP, he said it is a "good thing" and blew me off. I have to agree...
  12. cfidsurfer

NEWS: A Novel Diagnostic Approach For CFS- Hemispherx Biopharma & Chronix Biomedical

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/HEB/key-developments/article/2405167 Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. And Chronix Biomedical Present Data on a Novel Diagnostic Approach For CFS Monday, 26 Sep 2011 08:02am EDT Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. announced that it has presented new...
  13. cfidsurfer

$$$ for WPI vote daily now in Vivint Round 2!

Hi Dolphin, You are correct. I looked at the contest and mixed up IGB with BPF. My mistake. As far as alternative voting, if i had to vote for a group other than WPI, I would vot for IACFSME.
  14. cfidsurfer

IGBP just had a huge leap today. Who knows what they are capable of? It's not over until it's over. I will continue to vote for WPI.
  15. cfidsurfer

She is performing at the WPI's I HOPE YOU DANCE fundraising event on the 15Th.
  16. cfidsurfer

The question is, are PWC willing to risk it all just for a small gain?
  17. cfidsurfer

I am very worried about this contest. 'It Gets Better project' is a total wildcard, and we have NO idea of what they are capable of. They could come out of nowhere and get many votes on the last day to win it. So please keep voting for WPI.
  18. cfidsurfer

Ohhhh Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :Sign eek:I hope this isn't going to be a repeat of the past contests we seem to lose. Everybody needs to vot for WPI in order to even have a CHANCE at winning. Some of these contestants are sleeping giants who haven't even started ramping up their votes yet. This is...
  19. cfidsurfer

Lets face it. Statistically The National ME/FM Action Network has no chance of winning (unless they get an astronomical amount of votes from NEW vote sources which is highly unlikely to say the least!) Therfore, every vote taken away from WPI is a wasted and lost vote. This contest is far...
  20. cfidsurfer

Applied kinesiology?

I agree these types of treatments can be entertaining and if you're looking for "fun and rewarding" by all means, continue. Also very true, these types of treatments can offer a placebo effect which can be helpful and I had not thought about in my previous post.
  21. cfidsurfer

Applied kinesiology?

This is a scam. Use common sense and reason and actually think about what this Dr. is telling you. I'm not saying this to be rude or to dash your hopes. I hope the best for you and I think treatments for PWC are just around the corner. Sorry if others disagree.
  22. cfidsurfer

Anyone up for hosting a CFS/ME podcast?

I listen to a bunch of weekly and by weekly podcasts about many varying subjects. Some are formal but most are very laid back. I'm amazed how many weekly podcasts are available to listen to on so many random topics. Maybe I am uninformed but I am unaware of any podcasts specifically for the...
  23. cfidsurfer

Another Contest Vivant - to WIN Reseach Money!!

WPI slips in ranking WPI is now in second place.
  24. cfidsurfer

CFSAC Agenda is up!

Same problem too. can anyone help? "Permission Denied. Please contact your System Administrator to obtain additional permissions"
  25. cfidsurfer

Another Trivializing Article - RGJ

This article is pathetic and you can thank the CDC for puting out misinformation that feuls these types of ignorant articles. Thank the CDC for the Faduka definition (aka Reeves disease) also.
  26. cfidsurfer

Time to Vote for MCWPA Public Service Announcements

I liked #1 80% of PWC are undiagnosed. This PSA might make some realise that they have cfs, then get diagnosed. Resulting in strength in #'s. Part of the reason It took me 7 years to get diagnosed is because I thought you had to be bedbound and in extreme pain all the time. I thought no way...
  27. cfidsurfer

Tina Tidmore on the RADIO! Spreading Critical Information on ME/CFS!

Great interview. Her facts were spot on across the board. Her communication was clear and consice. She is a great asset to the CFS community. Thank you for all the work Tina!
  28. cfidsurfer

Demonstration at the CDC

Great ideas, BTW, I would like to see a demonstration annually. Maybe cirtain local groups could rent buses to get to demostration locations which would be easier than everyone driving cars, therfore more people would participate.
  29. cfidsurfer

Know Any pwME who went to Brown University?

Roger Williams University(20 min south of Brown). Class of 2000. Got sick w mono? sr yr, never recovered.
  30. cfidsurfer

Demonstration at the CDC

A demonstration is a great idea. Count me and my entire family in.