• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Extreme adverse reaction to methy folate

One month later after last post. These days I'm doing relatively well. I'm happy and content and only rarely do I get panic attacks. I'm am looking forward to life and do not feel as burdened by my symptoms. I have less overall anxiety and I am thinking more rationally than before. As I...
  2. A

Update about two months later It's important to note that I am also going through a benzo withdrawal therefore the b-right complex may have interacted with that. I had to spend 7 weeks at a psychiatric facility in order to stabilize my health. I'm still feeling very off however the panic...
  3. A

From my understanding, the B-Right supplement I took had b1, b2, and b3 in it. I don't know whether that changes anything. If you recommend any supplements, let me know.
  4. A

Would powerade be sufficent to improve b1 and b2 levels? I dislike the notion of trying supplements in order to improve symptoms but will pursue in the future if progress isn't made.
  5. A

I will keep the link in mind. Thank you. And thanks for keeping me sane the other day. It really did help me out.
  6. A

I'm sorry for getting that wrong. I will try hydroxocobalamin in a couple of weeks or months if I do not feel better. What brand do you suggest?
  7. A

Would b2 and b1 deficiencies show up on a blood test? I had one a few days before this episode without abnormalities. Had another one at the ER without abnormalities. I do not know whether I have a gene mutation.
  8. A

I have been depressed and anxiety ridden all of my life and I am going through fluoroquinolones toxicity (which is the same as a benzo withdrawal) so those issues may have been a catalysts to this psychotic episode. I don't have mercery fillings nor do I know my mercury levels/ intake.
  9. A

I'm not exactly doing better but I think it'll take one to two years for me to get better. I don't have suicidal thoughts or panic attacks though so I think that is good. The ER did a CT scan and blood test which both showed no abnormalities. I will not be using niacin or methylb12. I will use...
  10. A

Wow. I didn't know it was 400mcg, I thought it was 40mcg. This would explain my extreme adverse reaction. I do not tolerate folates well at all but I did not realize this before use. My dosage could have been anywhere between 50-350mcg. I tried being risk-adverse and trying only 1/3 of a...
  11. A

I took methylcobalamin b12 from Jarrows. I've discontinued use of it. I'm interested in taking a niacin tablet but I'm too scared of the side effects. I'm not really thinking rationally and think it's better if I go to the ER. I don't think they'll do anything significant but I'm not sure what...
  12. A

I took b12 subguinely but makes me further depressed. It has been 9 days and my symptoms are getting worse. I can't even control my emotiona anymore. Eating chicken (methione, b12, protein) are the only things that has helped. I just can't believe what this has done to me.
  13. A

I took 20mcg methylfolate 9 days ago and I've been having extreme side effects that will not go away. I've been having panic attacks daily and went to the ER a few times now. I've been suicidal ans cannot think properly whatsoever. I really don't know how to get out of this but I feel as if...