• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Sore throat, face and neck

Yes, I am always high on EBV and now parvovirus.
  2. H

Sore throat, face and neck

Hi I have had some new symptoms this year and was wondering if anyone else experienced these, or can steer me in the right direction. About a year ago, started developing frontal neck pain. I had a hemithyroidectomy in Oct. 2010 with incidental micro papillary cancer. Throughout 2012, neck...
  3. H

Prednisone for sore throat and CFS

Thank you for all your kind responses. I have decided to give the prednisone a try since my sore throat was bad and seemed worsening after a month. Thus far after half a day I do feel different. My red face has turned more pale. My dry red sore throat is the same. My head and chest pain feel a...
  4. H

Prednisone for sore throat and CFS

I have had a terrible sore throat (red, inflamed, dry) for close to a month. ENT has prescribed 5 days Prednisone (60mg, then 50, 40, 30, 20 and 10mg.), but he did not seem too familiar with CFS. My question is if anyone has had a similar sore throat experience and if you have had steroids...
  5. H

Chest pain

One of my chief problems is a near continuous chest pain/angina. I am looking for help with suggestions on dealing with it, and input as to whether to see a cardiologist and if so, what to tell them and what kind of treatments to seek. Prior cardiology workups have shown "normal". I first got...
  6. H

Last day for matching donations to IACFS/ME

Today is The last day Vivint will match donations to IACFS (WPI looks maXed out)
  7. H

Article: CFIDS Association Of America Interview with Jennifer Spotila

When did you get sick? Thanks Jenny for advocating. I'm sure it is hard, especially for someone who is sick. I notice you got sick in October. I got sick in November. I wonder if there is some commonality. I asked Dr Vernon this question to see if she could look at the questionaires we all...