• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Was my advice good advice?

Thank you for your input Dechi. I do try to rest more than the advice suggests. And I had a lot of insomnia in my earlier days so I definitely only lay down on the sofa during the day - strangely I can never sleep during the day - "sleepiness" isnt a symptom for me, it's more of a...
  2. B

Was my advice good advice?

I apologise if this is gibberish - I am not having the best day symptom/brain fog wise... When I first got ME (about 2 years ago today), thankfully I knew a couple of other people who have had this illness for decades and so were full of advice for my early days. A Lot of it has been very...
  3. B

Amitriptyline Poll - Does it work for you?

I know I am a bit late for the party here but I found this thread whilst looking to see how other people have found amityripyline. I feel for all of you who have reported devastating and chronic side-effects! It's scary stuff what a little blue tablet can do to you! It's always a huge gamble...
  4. B

Anybody from or near Burnley, UK?

hi all, looking for advice regarding GP's in Burnley UK?
  5. B

Sussex ME/CFS

Do you mind me asking who the new doctor is? I long for further testing to find more variables that may lead to any improvements. Having to fight for them through a GP with limited understanding takes so much energy though.
  6. B

Any help in the North West?

hi all, I am new to this illness/website/group and live in the north west of England. I was wondering if any of you knew of any support in the area?
  7. B

Sussex ME/CFS

I have the same questions myself and am very sad to see this post with no answers! :( Have you gotten anywhere since you posted this in march?