• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Article: The Stars Begin to Align at the NIH: A CFS Review Panel. For CFS!

That is all great news, Cort!! The new panel looks perfect (other than the dentist leading it). Thanks for reporting on this significant improvement at the NIH for us! Sue www.livewithcfs.blogspot.com
  2. S

Article: Treatment the UK way - the ME Association's ME/CFS Treatment Survey

Excellent point about money, Cort. We have plenty of doctors here in the US who don't believe in or understand ME/CFS, too, but we're fortunate to have a small group of experts who you can see if you can afford it. There are certainly some exceptions - my own family doctor was the first to...
  3. S

Article: Treatment the UK way - the ME Association's ME/CFS Treatment Survey

What I find most interesting about this UK study is what is MISSING. Almost everything that I consider basic, first-steps for treating CFS is missing from this study, including: - Correcting the underlying cause of sleep dysfunction with low-dose anti-depressants to correct hormone levels (the...
  4. S

ALERT: Teitelbaum to be on DR OZ SHOW this FRIDAY!

Dr. Oz Show A friend told me about the great discussion over here on Dr. T's appearance on the Dr. Oz Show - she was right! I wrote about the show on my blog (www.livewithcfs.blogspot.com) Friday, and Dr. Teitelbaum himself left a comment, in an attempt to clarify his own approach to CFS...